Heartstrings By Susette

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Blueprint of an Angel




One of my very favorite moments in the routine of my day, is when I leave the hallway upstairs and step inside the bedroom of my littlest angel. It's almost as if heaven itself has descended in a cloud and softly taken refuge in a little princess bedroom. It never ceases to amaze me how tender the feeling is inside that room; I become swept away in awe and fall in love with the scene that I find every single time.
The other day as I layed Kambriella down for her nap, I pressed my ear against her door hoping that the silence was a sign that she had fallen asleep. It was very quiet so I peeked inside only to find the view of two chubby little legs dangling out of her crib as carefree as if dangling her toes into a cool pool of water on a hot summer's day. She wasn't asleep yet and she didn't see me, so I tip-toed quietly out of her room with a smile glued on my face that carried me throughout the rest of the day. I thought to myself later on, "That was the sweetest thing I have ever seen and I hope she does it again so that I can snap the shot and push pause on that memory forever." Well, after a long Sunday of Primary songs, chocolate chip cookies, and playing with her family, she was exhausted and I layed her down and quietly snuck out of the room. Sure enough, when I crept back in to check on her, I was greeted by 10 little toes and I thought to myself, "Surely this must be the blueprint of an angel."
There is something so precious about tiny baby toes. They are a symbol of innosence and playfulness, of glass slippers yet to fit, and of faith yet to follow in someone else's footsteps. I can't help but wonder where her little feet will go, and all of the other little one's in my care for that matter. Will they walk straight and tall? Will they slip off their own sandals and try walking in someone else's shoes? Will they run where ever they go and will they go the extra mile? Will they embark on their own journey and find their own "happily ever after?" I pray everyday that Heavenly Father will help guide my footsteps so that the path will not be too hard for them to follow. Besides, who needs to follow footsteps when you've already got wings? In fact, with the blueprints of angels all around, I think I just need to follow their lead. :)

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I absolutely adore that sweet baby! And I love what you said, "with the blueprints of angels all around, I think I just need to follow their lead." How true is that? These little ones are so precious, and good. They only have love to give! :)
(I apologize if I fill your blog with my comments. You sincerely are an inspiration)