Heartstrings By Susette
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Thanksgiving Everyday
Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I feel like it's important for me to share some of the gratitude that is in my heart, because although "the day" has come and gone, there are so many things to give thanks for every single day! President Thomas S. Monson said in this last conference, "Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love." I feel that is so true. When I sit back and count my blessings, I always seem to become overwhelmed with a deep sense of love that I know my Heavenly Father has for me. In fact, the more I feel gratitude, the more blessings I am freely given. Doesn't it seem kind of ironic? In trying to give back thanks to Him, I am given even more. It's also that way with service. When we give of our time and talents to others, in the end, we are the ones that feel the blessings of serving. President Monson also said, "feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." So as we move from Thanksgiving to a holiday full of gift giving, I wish to express my love and gratitude to those who touch my life. My husband - he's truly amazing and is always giving to me. He gives me love, support, laughter and encouragement, and compliments that would make any woman feel like Ms. Universe! I love you Clint! :) And my children - who make me feel needed and loved, who love their one on one time with me, and who unconditionally love me even when I am grouchy! (and tend to pick those moments to tell me that I'm the best mom in the whole wide world! Imagine that! ;) I love you kids! And my parents - who have given me all that they have to give throughout my life - and can be good sports about attending a "rock Christmas concert" for an unforgettable 69th birthday gift with no complaints! I will never forget that one! I love you mom and dad! And my siblings - who I know love me even through banana-less banana bread and my all time famous attention getter - "accidentally" getting my nose in my ice-cream cone and then acting like I don't know it's there! I love you guys! And my in-laws - who accept me and love me just the way I am, and who make me feel not at all like an "in-law," but a prized sister and daughter who can do no wrong! Boy do I have you guys fooled! ;) I love you all! And to all of my friends - who love me, encourage me, believe in me, and inspire me and make me want to be better. Thank you for your devotion and friendship! They mean the world to me! And last but NOT least, a kind and generous, wise and eternal Father in Heaven who lifts me, forgives me, and loves me to the end. I am eternally grateful for all of these precious gifts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment