Heartstrings By Susette

Sunday, April 10, 2011

She's my "pot of gold"





We were out driving in a rainstorm the other day when a beautiful rainbow appeared. Although the picture isn't very bright, it was magnificent to see the contrast of the vibrant colors against the dark, stormy sky. The reason why this is so relevant to me right now is because I have a deep love for the beauty of all of God's creations AND I have a sweet and loving daughter who is an inspiration to me in my life AND if you ask her what her favorite color is, she will say...the rainbow. Kierra has been blessed with many talents and a sweet disposition, and lucky for me, a very similar love for the beauties of the world. So, when we woke up the other morning to a beautiful, white, winter wonderland...in APRIL!- we were both so excited to see it! We knew this day was going to be a special day for so many reasons. Not only was it conference weekend, and we had been enjoying an added measure of the spirit in our home and with our family, but Kierra, Clint, and I had all been fasting together for Kierra as she was going to receive her patriarchal blessing on this seemingly crisp, frosty day! I couldn't help but think that Heavenly Father had sprinkled the snow down for us to enjoy and to remind us of the purity and celestial nature of the events unfolding in our weekend. So, to my sweet Kierra who is an angel in my life, I want to say thank you for your appreciation of beautiful things and thank you for bringing so much happiness into my life! I am a lucky mother and you are truly my "pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow. I am so proud of you for living a life that resonates color like the rainbow, and peace and purity like this beautiful snow! I love you!


No comments: