Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Kierra!

On Saturday, February 11th, Kierra turned 14 years old! ~And although she really did the celebrating one week earlier, we still had to celebrate the day with "cake" and presents too!








Kambriella just had to sing Kierra a special solo song of "I am a child of God" for her gift to her too! ~And of course we just had to sing Kierra our families favorite rendition of "It's your birthday you're old now..." to the tune of "Take me out to the ball game." ;)





And this year instead of a real "cake," Kierra requested "cake pops" instead. They were fun to make and yummy too, but way too hard to put a birthday candle in!

So, one week prior to Kierra's real birthday, she had a fun and exciting weekend with her best friend Valerie. Valerie lives in North Ogden and so these two friends live just far enough away from each other that they usually only get to see each other once or twice a year. So, THAT is what Kierra wanted for her birthday this year! ~A fun weekend with Valerie! Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures since my camera broke, but I can assure you that those two girls had a LOT of fun, and very LITTLE sleep! They were able to go to the temple together, out to dinner, talk and giggle...go swimming at the rec center, play "Just Dance" on the Wii, talk and giggle some more...go ice~skating, out to ice~cream, and talk and giggle again...do hair and nails, go to church together, and talk and giggle all the way back to Valerie's home! They were so cute to watch, and I have told them over and over how lucky they are to have each other for friends, because true friendships like theirs are hard to come by. They can miss each other for months and then get back together and never have missed a beat. It is great! Their plans are to finish high school, and then be room mates at college together where they will, "buy all of their cleaning supplies for their apartment from All A Dollar because it is so cheap ~and then decorate their dorm room at Christmas time with a pink Christmas tree ~and still make it home for Sunday dinners!" (straight from Kierra's mouth!) I just love this girl! She is growing up to be such an amazing young woman. She has become so talented in so many aspects of her life, but most of all, I am proud of her divine qualities that she is beginning to polish. She is loving, considerate, grateful and sincere. She is a leader, an exemplar, modest and respectful. She is mindful of others and obedient and confident. She seeks after good things and has a strength for listening to the spirit. I am amazed sometimes to think that she is MY daughter when a lot of the time SHE is the one teaching me! I really could go on and on, but then I would run out of room here so I will stop... But I just want Kierra to know how very blessed I am to be her mother! I love you Kierra Nicole! Thank you for making me the luckiest mom in the whole world! Happy Birthday!!!

No comments: