I can hardly believe that this day has finally arrived! Kierra received a letter of invitation to travel with the People to People Student Ambassador Program last November and was intrigued and ecstatic about the idea ever since. It was an opportunity of a lifetime for her and she chose to embrace it!
She has worked sooooo hard for the past 6 months to try and earn the $7,500 it would cost to get her there... Babysitting, teaching piano lessons, teaching ballet classes, working at Clint's work cleaning on the weekends, selling, getting sponsorships, and more babysitting... And she did it!!!!!! Many thanks to all of our good friends and family who have supported her in this endeavor, it has been wonderful to watch her achieve this dream of hers!
On Monday, June 4th was her departure day...we had to have her at the airport at 10:55 a.m. to check in, check bags, meet up with the rest of her group, take pictures and say good~bye! I was so excited for her, I remember going to Japan when I was her age... so much to look forward too!!!
I hugged her and kissed her and left and only looked back twice...and I didn't even cry! (But I did feel anxious all day thinking about her ;)
She finally arrived in England on Tuesday June 5th around 1:00 p.m. and when she called me to tell me they had made it safely she said, "Hi mom! I'm in London!!!"
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is so crazy cool!!!;)
She has officially been gone now for 5 days and has only 14 to go till she comes home...but I'm not counting. ;)
I have spoken to her everyday for just a few minutes each time, but she says she is having the time of her life all with the exception that the desserts over there don't taste very good... Poor Girl?! :)
So far she has visited the London Eye which is the worlds largest Farris Wheel ~ gone street shopping ~ met with British Parliament ~ ate at a Medieval Banquet ~ explored the Tower of London and THE London Bridge! (I asked her if it was falling down but she said No!;) ~ Cruised the River Thames ~ went to a theater production of one of London's most famous shows ~ Viewed the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace... And that is just the beginning!!! I can't wait to hear all of the neat stories when she gets back, but I just had to write this one down! I am so proud of her, but also can hardly believe how quickly time goes by...and we see our children turn from sweet but helpless little infants to energetic and independent teenagers! It is CRAZY!!!! But I love it! It's a Good Good life!

No comments:
Post a Comment