I simply couldn't resist the recording of the pitter patter
of these little feet on my heart last week...
It was about 7:30 in the morning, and I had just returned from my morning run...I had decided to stay out in the yard after kissing Clint goodbye as he left for work...when this sweet little baby girl came running over to me and said,
"Mommy!!! Come see my little baby footprints!!!"
There was only one tiny little puddle of water left in the driveway from where we had received a little rain earlier that morning, but it was all she needed to leave another impression on my heart.
I followed her over to where she had discovered the water
and sat down in front of her with the biggest smile on my face as I watched her jump and splash around with"Whino and Puppy Child"...
She laughed and smiled as she danced around and then ran around the puddle leaving her little footprints everywhere.
She helped make time stand still for just a moment as I looked on admiringly...
This precious little girl is a daily reminder to me of where to find joy in life...In the small and simple things all around us everyday.
One thing is for sure...
If ever I forget where to find my focus, all I need to do is remember to look at life through the innocent eyes of a child and then remember to follow in their "footprints"...







1 comment:
I love this SOOOOO much!
Post a Comment