Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Doughnut Falls

 Yesterday we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary!
We decided to do something that we love and went hiking up in the mountains.
 We took the kids out to lunch at Subway and then hit the road up the Big Cottonwood Canyon to Doughnut Falls. It was a busy summer day with lots of people hiking, but we still enjoyed everything beautiful that was around us.
 We explored the paths and even the water a little...
 ...and a little more for some who may have fell in...;)
 But it always feels refreshing to get a little wet while on a hike, right?  :)
 I loved seeing all of the tall trees and being surrounded by them ...
 and both seeing and hearing the beautiful waterfalls...
 Some of these pictures are my favorites because they have some of the most beautiful things with some of my favorite people. :)
 What a good Daddy...:)
 This is Doughnut Falls, but we couldn't get too close to it with the little ones. 
 The only way to get to it was actually IN the water, and it was pretty swift, so we just admired the view.
 Dallin and Gavin were not with us though because they tried to venture on a little in the water...but we eventually met back up.
 I love this family of mine and that we could spend this quality time together on this special day.
 After 25 years of building this family together, we have come a long way!
 ...and I'm excited for the things that lie ahead...
 ...especially my REAL celebration next week when Clint and I leave for Italy and France!
I know these kids will have a good time while we are gone too with their aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, and grandparents. Like I said, we have the best family ever!
After our hike was over, Clint and I took the kids home where they spent the evening with movies and fun while Clint and I spent the night away with just the 2 of us. 
I love this husband of mine more than anything and I am so so blessed!

No comments: