I tuck my little ones in bed and head up the stairs only to be called back for "one more kiss" and "one more hug." With my eyes gently closed and their tiny arms wrapped around me, I try to record the feeling deep in my heart. -Because they are tugging on my heart strings and I never want to forget this feeling.
So many moments pass too quickly and I can't help but want to hold on to them forever, so I have decided to do what prophets have counseled for ages. Write them down. Henry B. Eyring gave a talk in conference a few years back and encouraged us to take a few moments everyday to try and recognize the Lord's hand in our lives. You know, I haven't been too good at recording those moments on paper, but my mind and heart are full of vivid still moments in time where I have felt the love of the Lord and His loving hand guiding me. I have consciously stopped to "be still" so that I might more fully be able to recognize those moments when He is there.
Being a wife and a mother has helped me to see that He is not only there, but He is everywhere. He is in the first light of the sunrise and in the brilliance of the moon at night. He is in the strength of daddy's hand and in the comfort of his touch. He is in the tender, sweet cry of our newborn baby and in the laughter of each little child. He is in the big blue eyes that watch in amazement as stories are told and lessons are taught. He is in the courage and faith of a family's humble prayer. His love is ever present . He is always there.
Today, there were 5 little angels tugging on my heart strings. As I washed the dishes, there was one who hugged me around my knees in a body language that seemed to say, "Here I am mommy! I want to hold you!" Another wrapped his arms around the core of my body as if to "get a good grip" and squeezed me tight! Two of the little angels puckered up so big that their lips stuck out farther than their noses! And oh to hear the sweet song of gratitude slip from their lips for the simple things in life. I never knew that scrambled eggs and pancakes could mean so much!
Well, I think this is going to be the beginning of endless memories! I want to use this time to record all of the "tugging" that goes on in my heart. I am so grateful for every day that we are given and for the opportunity to live within these walls, in the company of these precious angels...
5 comments:
Susette! You go Girl! :D Oh, how I'm loving it already!!! I look forward to getting lots of spiritual enlightment from here, as well as some good decorating ideas. ;) LOVE YOU!
Okay, did you really just make a blog? I've been waiting for you to do something like this forever! Now, do you have a facebook yet? Seriously we need some better communicating going on between us. Miss you tons! Have fun with the blog. More pictures of my baby please! I mean Kambriella, or you too if you want. BFF
I love it -- the words, the pictures, the music! Way to go! Thanks for sending me the invite!
I love what you have written. I've had the same feelings as a mother and completely understand what you have written.
Susette, I am so thrilled that we were able to reconnect today!! You are such an important part of my life and I cherrish your friendship! It is so wonderful to be able to come in here and be updated on your family! I can't wait to have lunch soon!! Love ya tons!
Post a Comment