Heartstrings By Susette

Friday, September 10, 2010

Trickett's Country Store







































One of my favorite things to do is to create. Whether it's creating a cozy place in our home or putting a smile on someones face, creating something beautiful brings a sense of joy and satisfaction unlike any other. When we first moved here 2 years ago, (that went by fast!) I fell in love with the country charm that this home already had, but I have also had a fun time envisioning things that I would like to do to make it really feel like "home."
I have decided that I'm a really lucky girl! Not only do I have a really great time being creative, but I also have a husband who is kind enough to humor me and also helps me out on the construction end. He is such a trooper! Clint never seems too concerned when I tell him about my latest and greatest "big ideas." (And if he really is concerned, he's great at not showing it!) -Whether it's some bold red paint, a door hung in the stairway on a wall, building a tiki hut for Carew, or a "country store" in our kitchen, Clint is always such a good sport to go along with me and my "big ideas.":) It's funny to me how my projects have become not only a means to create and beautify, but also a sort of challenge to see just how creative I can be while spending as little money as possible. You know that feeling of getting that really great buy - so not only is it going to be beautiful, but you managed to save a bundle in the process! That was kind of how this project turned out. Between the wallpaper, lights, shelving, shudders, brick trim and roof, I think the grand total was about $62. That of course does not include the cute candy bins. (Come on now, I'm doing the best I can!:) Anyway, it sure is fun to do, and to see the finished product is even better! This is the pantry/fridge area in our kitchen and what we now call the "country store." Complete with shudders, a brick roof and trim, a rooster bell, produce baskets, and bulk candy bins with real scoops! It is so much fun that now when we say we need to "run to the store," Clint can actually run there and back without even breaking a sweat!:)

2 comments:

Cherie said...

GASP! Susette, How DO you do it???? Ironically enough, I just posted about my fall decor, and then decided to hop on over to your blog, and found your country store! You. Are. Amazing. Seriously, you wanna come just decorate my house? My entry-way has a plan thanks to you, now I just need to get around to making it happen. haha! I can't wait to come see this country store in person. LOVE IT!!!!!

Blacketts said...

LOVE IT!!!! I want to come see it in person!