Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The "Heart" of an Angel



























I am pretty sure that I know just about everything that there is to know about one of Heavenly Father's littlest angels. Her name is Kambriella Noel. Her favorite people are Dada and Mama. She loves books, bracelets, necklaces and balls. She loves babies, singing, dancing, and shoes. She loves doggies, kitties, balloons, and chocolate milk. And she delivers more laughter and smiles to our family than all of the toys from Santa on Christmas Eve!
One year ago on October 5th, this little angel had to under go open heart surgery at Primary Children's hospital. One year ago, I held that precious angel and wondered if I would ever get to hold her again. I remember feeling worried and scared, and then comforted all at the same time. I have a vivid picture in my mind of Kambriella peering over the shoulder of the doctor as he cuddled her and walked down the hall that had a bold yellow line that we were not aloud to cross. She looked so tiny in her hospital gown and I wanted to run after her and hold her, but I knew that this "hard thing" would be good for her. I guess that is kind of how life is for all of us. Heavenly Father sent us here and probably wanted so badly to run after us and hold us, but He knew that this earthly experience, this "hard thing," would be good for us. I have learned that even though I don't necessarily like doing hard things, that I can still do them. Even though Kambriella's heart surgery was scary at best, just look at this little angel now. Look at how much she has grown and what a beautiful little girl she is turning out to be! This trial has made her strong and part of who she is today. It has also made me a stronger person and so much more appreciative of all of the angels in my life. As I direct my thoughts to the hope of the future, I will ever be grateful that I still get to hold on to this precious child. For I am anxious to see what lies ahead as more of the characteristic traits develop from one of Heavenly Father's littlest angels.

No comments: