
While sitting patiently in my car waiting for the wash to be completed, I turned and looked at Kambriella because I wondered what she was doing. Was she asleep? It was so quiet, I didn't hear a sound. I was so surprised to find this...

I couldn't help myself - I had to giggle at what she may have been thinking... "You can do this, you can do this. Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts. It's not a monster..."

"Is it over yet?"

It may have been just a car wash, but to a little baby girl who is just beginning to experience the world around her, it was something that she was very unsure of and maybe a little scary. I was very proud of her for not screaming or freaking out, but rather quietly trying to figure things out, trying to be big and brave. It's a cute little comical moment in the day of the life of a mother, but it is once again a reminder to me that the world will become in the eyes of our children what we will help them to see. After I was done capturing the moment with my camera I pleasantly explained to Kambriella that this was such a silly car wash and it was making our car clean! She saw me smile and giggle and realized that this was OK! I hope that when life presents it's moments, opportunities, and situations to each of us, that we will laugh and giggle and "be not afraid," but realize that everything will be OK! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment