Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Zip Line!
















I think that the zip line at the Heber Valley Camp was one of the most exciting parts of our family reunion. Yes, it was adventurous and thrilling, but I think even more so for me because 1) I am afraid of heights! and 2)because my children are so brave!!!! When I had to look at how high we would be up in the air, my tummy immediately got queasy...Dallin and Gavin on the other hand, were completely pumped to be going!!! Dallin volunteered to be the first one to go, and he did it with absolutely NO hesitation! Gavin followed suit and blazed up the pole and across the log without even stopping for a second! I was AMAZED at how brave they were! It was very cool to me how the missionaries that were there helping us related everything to life and how overcoming obstacles can really help us grow. For being in such small bodies, these two little boys stood tall in my eyes!!!
























Kambriella was not big enough to try so we just put a helmet on her and let her walk around and feel "big" for a while ;) It was unfortunate though how after we had all gone, she really thought she was going to be going and headed straight for the pole. She bawled and shed some real crocodile tears as we peeled her away from the ladder. Sorry Kambriella! Maybe when you're a little bigger!
























I was as stiff as a board on my way up and I was sure that I was going to throw up...















I just stood on the edge and finally convinced myself to just walk off the edge...and then as Clint would say, I "screamed like a little girl" the whole way down!!!
























Clint waved down to me with a giant smile on his face and seemed completely comfortable being that high up in the air...or at least he didn't want me to know otherwise ;)





























So, I have learned that if you want to overcome your fears, you just need to face them with a little prayer and faith...and then follow the example of those that you love and look up to!!! ( Even if they only stand 4 feet tall! ;)

No comments: