Heartstrings By Susette

Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Day of Miracles...












I firmly believe that we live in a day of miracles. When I just look at the world around me, I can see them both great and small. For example, the other day I took the kids over to the park after they got home from school, and it didn't take long at all for all of us to start running barefoot through the grass, rolling down the hill, and spying all of the trees ~ flowers ~ and yes, even the dandelion weeds that Kambriella so instinctively started picking and blowing to make wishes on! As we sat there, I had the thought of the miracle and beauty of life and my precious children. Particularly this little princess who was born with such complicated heart problems, and now is completely healed and living life to the fullest. You would never know if you passed us in the grocery store what we have been through. Nor do we know what anyone around us may be going through as well. I have people in my life that celebrate the good and the bad daily, and it makes me realize that we all have the need for each other, the need for hope, the need for more unconditional love, and the need to have a close and loving relationship with our Heavenly Father through prayer. Miracles happen all around us every single day, but it is usually through the hand of another that we witness these things both great and small. ~Lives are touched, burdens are lifted, tragedies are overcome, and broken hearts are mended. ~Babies are born, news travels the world instantly, illnesses are battled, and our paths cross daily with all those lives that are being affected. Whether we know it or not, we may be the answer to someones prayer. We may help a miracle to come. Maybe it will only come as a thought at first, but if we listen to the spirit carefully, each one of us can bring about so much good. I am so grateful to be able to see the goodness all around me, and for humble and sincere prayer that can strengthen us when we are weak, inspire us to serve and be someones answer to a prayer, or even to recognize true miracles in our own lives everyday. Whether it's a young girl confined to a wheelchair, a sweet smile you pass in the grocery store, or a little princess making dandelion wishes...look around you and see the miracles.

1 comment:

Queen Natalie said...

Sweet friend thanks for making miracles in my life through your encouragement and love.