Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy 13th Birthday Carew!

It's official! I can admit that I must be looking older because I now have not only one ~ but 2 ~ teenagers!!!! I know I say it all the time, but it's true...I can hardly believe how FAST the time goes by...
I also find it very interesting that as each of my children grow, they develop their own unique personalities and ideas...and Carew wanted to plan his very own birthday party all by himself!!! Which was fine with me;) although I KNOW that he loved my added help with all of the FOOD!!! Let's just say that teenage boys LOVE food... and the more the better!!!
Now Carew didn't want to "play" any games... he just wanted to "hang out" and have some fun;) So the 10 of them played basketball, dodge ball, capture the flag, cops and robbers (which was their favorite where they hid all around the neighborhood and I had to drive around and try to capture them one by one), and then they came in and watched a movie and ate and ate and ate!!! Carew had ordered plenty of treats for the crew... Oreo cookies and cream ice~cream AND pudding pie (no birthday cake for this birthday boy - just his PIE!!!), bagel bites, mini corn dogs, taquitos, chips, kettle corn, soda, cookies, doughnuts, peanut M&M's, AND don't forget the carrots!!!! (I know you weren't expecting that last one 'cause I wasn't either!;)






















They all seemed to be having a great time laughing and having a good old time...which I think is what boys do best! There is no "drama" or "hurting someones feelings" or worrying about "what to wear" or "who is going to sit by who..." Just good, clean, rough and tough, old fashioned BOY fun! (Can't you tell from the pictures? There was not ONE moment of seriousness whatsoever...I LOVE it!!!


















And although the boys all act pretty tough, they ALL had a sensitive and caring side for the "little sister" that just HAD to be a part of it all! With Dallin and Gavin both gone for the weekend and Kierra out babysitting, Kambriella was the only little sibling to worry about and so she just climbed on up into the middle of it all and made herself feel quite at home! Thanks for being a good friend Zach and thanks for being such a good big brother Carew!!!! Kambriella says, "you are the best puppy ever!!!;)Happy Birthday Carew!!! We love you!!!!!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Will you tell all your kids to STOP GROWING?!?! I don't know what it is, but I think I'll forever have it engraved into my mind that your children are still the little things they were before I got married. Living further away and not seeing them nearly as often as I used to makes it seem like they just grew overnight!! And it's making me a little crazy! Ahhhhh! haha! :)