Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Love Their Mother...

I remember when Clint and I first decided to start our family. He said to me, "Just let me know when you're ready to have a baby because I am ready when you are!"
REALLY? I was soooo scared at the thought of bringing a life into the world and thinking about being responsible for the welfare and salvation of another little soul... I didn't ever feel completely "ready" to start a family, but I knew that it was all a part of the plan and that I could do it with love and faith.
We had been married for almost 4 years by the time our first baby came into the world ~ and it's so hard to believe that almost 15 years have passed since then and now we have 5 beautiful children!
Mother's Day has also taken on a new meaning to me since then too. Not only do we celebrate our own mothers and all of their goodness and sacrifice, but I also get to joy in the blessing of motherhood. After becoming a mother, I have captured a tiny little glimpse of the love that our Heavenly Father has for each of his children. Now, Clint and I work together in a partnership with God to try to nurture, love, and teach these children everything that they need to know in this life to truly be happy... and it all comes through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
You know the saying, "If mama ain't happy then no body's happy?" Well, believe me when I say that being a mom is VERY hard, and yet VERY rewarding too ~ but I have to give MOST of the credit of the happiness and fun in our home to their Dad. HE makes me happy, HE makes me laugh, and HE is so good to me ~ and because he always makes me happy, our home is usually happy too. (No not ALWAYS ;) but a lot of the time:)
As we try hard to teach our children, I am reminded of Sister Dalton's conference talk titled, "Love Their Mother." It teaches Father's to love their wives, and that through the love that they show, it sets a righteous example for the children to follow. I agree whole~heartedly! I think our children have a great advantage on their "life's lessons" because of the example of their dad. Thank you for "loving their mother."

No comments: