Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day... a day to remember

May 23rd, 2012 was a beautiful and peaceful morning for me.
   Knowing that I would be out of town with my family on Memorial Day, I decided to take an early memorial trip up to Ogden to my brother Kelly's grave. It was 7 months to the day since his passing, and going up there for the 1st time since the funeral to the beautiful cemetery up on the side of the mountain was very calming and healing and very spiritual for me. I went first thing in the morning while Gavin was at school and left Kambriella with her little friend so that I might be able to spend a little time alone in thoughts of my brother. On my way up there I listened to President Monson's conference talk on death and found more comfort in the thought that, "...death is only like going  into another room...in that other room we shall find the dear women and men and the sweet children that we have loved and lost."
   So after spending about an hour there, giving flowers, piecing together the cracked tile that lay where the head stone soon will be, and speaking out loud of life and loved ones and how much we love and miss him...
I said goodbye again for now, but only in body... for I know that through the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, we too may live again one day. What a comfort it is to know that in this life we can be sealed eternally as families, and that one day we will get to enter that "other room" to be with our loved ones we miss.
   Kelly, we love you... thanks for all that you have done for our family. Love, your little sis... XOXO

No comments: