Heartstrings By Susette

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game...

 
For Labor Day this year, we didn't really do much "laboring" at all! It was really more playing and relaxing...which is my kind of holiday :)
Clint had bought tickets for us to go as a family to a SLC Bees game quite a while ago, but with crazy summer schedules, we still hadn't found a good day to take in a game...
Lucky for us, we made it to the LAST home game of the year!
 YEP!  Labor Day was the LAST home game of the season.
 
I know that these views are some of Clint's favorite in the whole world!... The beautiful green field, and his cut kids enjoying the game...
And as much as the kids enjoy GOING to the game and BEING with their dad, I know all too well that they LOVE the concessions even MORE than their dad loves the field...
1st Inning: Pretzels and Hot Dogs
2nd Inning: Chicken Strips and Fries
3rd Inning : Dippin' Dots
4th Inning: Clint finally whispers in my ear..."It's a good thing this is the LAST game of the season or we would be broke!!!"
5th Inning: Clint tells everyone, "If the Bees are winning at the bottom of the 5th, I will bye everyone a giant slushy on our way home!"
Thank Goodness the Bees ended up winning and we only had to spend $10 dollars at 7-11 for 6 slushees whereas if we would have bought 6 slushees at the game it would have been $36 dollars!!!
 
It was ONLY about 95 degrees as we sat out there in the sun...
 I loved every minute of it, although the kids had to go into the restroom and soak their shirts with water so they would be cool out in their seats! Then, they took breaks and went to play on the playground for a bit where there was plenty of shade ;)
Then I took Gavin for a walk to find "The" Bee...
Lucky for him, we found him!
He was SOOOO happy that we found him!!!
Then, we happened to find the Balloon Lady that makes fun shapes for all of the little kids.
We stood by and watched her twist and tie, and then announce,
 "I AM DONE! No more balloons! I need a break!"
Reluctantly, I took a small step aside with Gavin as to try and ease into the disappointing fact that he would NOT be getting a balloon...when slowly everyone else cleared away and she called to Gavin to come over!
 I'm not sure if she could sense his disappointment, or if she just thought he was too cute like his mom thinks ;) BUT... He ended up with his beloved balloon sword!!! YAY!!! He was literally the last one the Balloon Lady would make until next year! What a lucky little boy!!! :)
 
Summer ending, school starting, Autumn leaves falling...
FUN STILL COMING ;)
Ya Baby!!!


No comments: