Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, November 12, 2012

Our snow~girlfriend "Sassy!"

I sat peacefully on the couch enjoying a quiet MOMENT...watching the big snowflakes fall and STICK! It was officially our first snow of the year!
 I love the snow and all of the magic that seems to drift through the air right along with it...
 
As quickly as that quiet MOMENT had come, it was fleeting with some major EXCITEMENT...
I heard Kambriella's door to her bedroom open...baby steps coming down the stairs...
then just as the front room windows came into her view...
 
"IT'S SNOWING MOM!!!! PLEASE CAN I BUILD A SNOWMAN!!!????"
 
Now, as excited as I get for the snow... I tried every diversion I could think of for the next 5 minutes to try to at least blaze through a couple of items at the top of my "To Do" list
before we ventured out into the snow...
 
"Kambriella...we really need to have breakfast before we go out in the snow..."
 
"Kambriella...I really need to get in the shower!"
 
"Kambriella...I am just going to put some laundry in, OK?"
 
"Kambriella...How about we run to the grocery store first and then when we come back there will be even MORE snow to play in?"
 
I could very plainly see that the sweet little heart of my little 3 year old girl was going to get the best of me...I was NOT going to get to ANYTHING else on my "list" until we checked off the very most important one... BUILD A SNOWMAN!
 
I knew that this was one of those times where I needed to be a "Mother Who Knows," and that I needed to set aside these trivial little tasks for something of much greater worth...
An opportunity to see my little girl giggle and smile and laugh...and to know that her mama loves her and cares so much about what is important to her...because after all, the things that are important to my children really are important to me. Just like I know that Heavenly Father knows what is in my heart, and He cares about the things that are important to me too.
 
So, in all of my early morning beauty ;) ... I threw on a snow cap, bundled up little Miss Kambriella, put on my mittens and ran aimlessly out into the snow with my little girl! First I pulled her around in giant doughnuts on the sled, then we had our very first lesson on making the snowball and rolling it bigger and bigger until it's just the right size for your snowman!
It was so much fun and I really don't know who got more enjoyment out of it...Kambriella for having made her very own "snow~girlfriend"...or me, for watching the magic and excitement of a little child experiencing one of the most simple but precious joys of life...
 
So here we have it! Kambriella and her snow~girlfriend "Sassy!"(Named by Kambriella herself! ;)
 
 
 
It was so fun to watch Kambriella as she played around her snow girl...she kept on talking to her, hugging her, and calling her "sista!" I watched her tell her stories and ask her if she was going to melt away when the sunshine came out... and then I just grinned when she told her "not to be afraid!" This little angel is too much for me! She keeps tugging on my heartstrings every single day!!!
 
 
 
After about an hour outside (which is honestly longer than I thought she would make it!) I told Kambriella that mommy was freezing and that I thought we should go inside...
this was NOT what Kambriella wanted to hear! (Surprise surprise!)
So now it was her turn to find the diversions!!! 
 
"Mommy watch me do this trick!"
 
"Mommy you have GOT to try this snow!!! It's so yummy...it tastes like WATER!!!"
 
I finally decided to go inside figuring that she would finally give in and follow right behind...
But oh no...she is VERY independent! :)
 
After all, she was just having some "girl time" with her "Sassy sista!"
Finally the little princess came in because she said she was Freezing! So naturally, I did what every good mother would do...
I took off all of her wet clothes, plopped her little bottom down right on top of the warm heater vent and made her some hot chocolate! :)
I am so glad that our little ones remind us of our priorities and how to have fun in life! After all, who wants to stay inside and do laundry anyway?
NOT me!!! :)
Thanks for the fun Kambriella! I love you!


No comments: