Heartstrings By Susette

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A sweet surprise for Easter...


The other morning I was sitting at the dining room table with my little ones...
it was the morning of Dallin's birthday and he was so excited to get his birthday mail. :) 
He said to me, 
"Mom, can I go check the mail?"
I smiled as I said yes, because I knew that the mail lady hadn't come yet...after all,
 it was only 7:30 in the morning!
Sweet boy :)

He went ahead and went to check the mail and brought in quite a stack! 
(I guess I had forgotten to check it from the day before.)

I was so surprised when he said, "Mom, there is a package for YOU!"
Wow! And it's not even my birthday! ;)

I felt my face turn from a big silly smile, to an inquisitive stare as I tore open the packaging...


...then as I realized what I was seeing, my stare turned to tears that began to run down my cheeks.


What a perfectly beautiful little white box...
Even though I couldn't see what was inside, I KNEW what it was...
 and my heart was racing...


It was a beautiful imprint of my brother Kelly's finger print...put into a little necklace charm...


...with his name engraved on the back.

I literally cried tears of mixed emotions that morning...
I was in shock and in awe at how special this gift was and at the peaceful timing of Easter week to receive such a priceless gift...

I was amazed at my sister Felicia's generosity and thoughtfulness in preparing not one, but 9 of these for my other siblings and for my parents...

I was so sad to think of the emotion of death, but still rejoicing in the fact that death is NOT the end.

 Our Savior Jesus Christ Atoned for all mankind, suffered and died, and was resurrected so that one day we all might be too. I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have that families can be together forever. 

This Easter week took on a whole new meaning for me this week as I contemplated this sweet gift given to me by my big sister. 
Thank you Felicia for thinking of all of us and for remembering Kelly in so many sweet ways. You have brought so much added joy to everyone in our family and I love you for that.
Thank you for all that you do, and Happy Easter to you... Happy Easter to you all.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I noticed this around your neck on Saturday, and was going to ask you about it, but I think all the events of the day made it escape me. (At least, I'm fairly certain this was the necklace you were wearing, a little silver circle) So glad you shared this beautiful gift on your blog. Once again, I love you!!