As I was driving down the road the other day, I found that my mind was completely enthralled in the overwhelming but happy thought that... Life is happening.
Children are growing.
Time is passing.
My gray hair is spreading. :)
And I cannot bring back yesterday, so I need to enjoy TODAY.
I was busy pondering my life, and my thoughts were busy whirling around in my head...
I reached up and tilted my rear view mirror down just enough to see little Kambriella's face...
She was so emphatic about what she was telling me that I simply HAD to see if the expressions on her face matched the expressions in her voice as well.
They certainly did. :)
I smiled.
I felt happy.
I was at peace.
This particular day there was a little glimmer of spring in the air. The sun was shining and my skin felt warm from the sun through the window.
My mind busily sorted through thoughts of some of the many blessings in my life...
My family.
My recent vacation with my sweetie pie. :)
Gavin losing his first tooth and finally learning how to tie his own shoes... :)
Kambriella learning how to spell her 10 LETTER-LONG name... :)
Carew finally liking the song he's learning to play on the piano
and also turning14?!?!? When did THAT happen?...;)
and Kierra getting scholarship at her Dance Academy...and getting her driver's permit?...
and
it makes a mother feel so good for another mother to tell her that her son Dallin is THE nicest kid in the entire school. :) Life is good. I'm right where I want to be...
But wait.
All of the sudden my mind is distracted by a light shining at me
and coming towards me in the opposite lane.
What?
What is that light?
Who would be using their headlights at noon in the middle of such a beautiful spring day?
A hearse leading a funeral procession.
In an instant my thoughts of contentment and gratitude turn to anguish and sorrow for the person I do not know following the funeral procession to the cemetery.
It is there where they will say one last goodbye to their loved one.
I sit in the comfort of my happy thoughts, while another is out there hurting and in pain...
Suddenly I feel so grateful for the knowledge that I have of my Savior Jesus Christ and for his great Atoning sacrifice for each and every one of us. I am so glad that I know what I know.
I am so glad that I can be with my family forever.
My thoughts turn to my brother Kelly...
I miss him.
I love him...
Suddenly, I am grateful for the happiness and joys of life,
AND the knowledge that strength and courage will come through enduring sadness and trials.
None of us are exempt from experiencing pain and sadness...
and each of us is free to choose to find JOY in the journey...
Joy in TODAY.
As I turn the corner and the view of the funeral procession is out of sight, my eyes are taken back to the view in my rear view mirror...
I see laughter and happiness...simple joy and delight...
I am taken back by the Spirit of peace and comfort that I feel in Heavenly Father's plan.
After all, it IS called a "Plan of Happiness"...
Life is happening.
Children are growing.
Time is passing.
My gray hair is spreading.
I cannot bring back yesterday, so I AM enjoying TODAY.

1 comment:
Shoot, Susette! Way to make me cry!! Thank you for your beautiful uplifiting words. Love you so much!
Post a Comment