Heartstrings By Susette

Friday, September 19, 2014

My Sweet Dad...:)

On July 31st, 2014 my loving dad passed away peacefully in his sleep. 
Heavenly Father was so kind and merciful as my dad was able to take his sweetheart of 54 years, out on a date just the night before. :) 
My sweet dad had gone through quite a few health challenges throughout his life, but nothing he was never able to overcome...he always got better, and kept on going! :) We have had so many wonderful memories together throughout the years, but one of the best days that we had together not too long ago was when my mom, dad, Kambriella, and I went to Thanksgiving Point together during the tulip festival.
We rode around the grounds together in a little golf cart just enjoying the warm spring air and the scent of lavender and fresh blooming flowers all around us.
 It was a perfect day.

Just one week before my dad passed away, my family had held our family reunion where we all enjoyed each other's company, and I vividly recall my children sitting around the table listening to grandpa tell them stories of when he was a little boy. It made me so happy to watch them admire him and laugh at the crazy things that him and his brother Tony did to get themselves into trouble!
Family is so precious. I hope that I will never take that for granted...

I could go on and on about the wonderful man that my dad was, and how he always helped everyone out, even when it meant that things would be harder for him in the long run...
He was a man of family, fishing ;), and faith. 
He loved his wife first and foremost...sweethearts from high school...
He loved his children...9 all together, 6 beautiful girls, and 3 handsome brothers...
He loved to fish! Ever since he was a little boy!
But even more than that, he LOVED his grandchildren...all 36 of them! :) 
They were his pride and joy. :)
(although I don't have pictures of all of them, some of my most recent ones represent the same feelings that he had for each one of them...)


I can see what he is saying with his eyes...
"Please don't make me get up, I'm enjoying cuddling with this little piece of heaven!"



...And now he seems to say...
"Looky here! Don't I have the most beautiful grandchildren EVER! Yep! Their mine!"   :)



And now..."Oh how I love to kiss their little chubbies!
 Even if their little knuckles are all they want to share right now!  ~  I'll take it! " :)


~And this smile says it all..."I am one blessed and happy man...Thank you Heavenly Father! "




* I am so grateful for the loving earthly father that I have been given.

* I am so grateful that he instilled in me the values of God and families and service to others... 

* I am so grateful for his example of selflessness and hard work and always trying to do what's right...And that he showed me how important it is to 
give your spouse constant and true love and time and devotion at all costs...

* I'm grateful he took me fishing and then fried it up for breakfast! :)

* I'm grateful for the trips to the gas station in his big red truck for a soda and a candy bar while singing to me, "Suzie Q ~ Baby I Love You, Suzie Q!"

* I'm grateful for the hiking trips up to Hatcher's pass to shoot guns and pick blueberries.

* I'm grateful that he protected me and kicked the boys out of our house when I was a teenager! (Even though I thought it was totally embarrassing at the time! ;)

* I'm grateful that he approved of Elder Trickett, and that he allowed me to follow my heart and my dreams that led me to an eternal marriage and an eternal family!

* I'm grateful for the many "thumping" lessons we had together in the produce section of the grocery store! He never once seemed annoyed that I would ask him to show me just "one more time" how to pick out the perfect watermelon! (My favorite time though was when he let out a rear end "toot" as he bent over and picked up a heavy one! :) Oh how we laughed for days!!! :)

* I'm grateful he had big, strong hands and always wrapped them around my mother...and that he had a big, strong heart that he shared with the world!

My dad was not a perfect man, because none of us are...
but I believe he is perfect for me, and that he loves me,
 Perfectly!

No comments: