
Even though my stride isn't as quick as it used to be, I am still doing my best to go outside for a morning run... but mostly for a breath of fresh air and to clear my mind.
The other morning I found myself running down by the river...it reminded me of my dad...
he loved to go fishing and I have so many fond memories of time down at the river with him.
It felt very peaceful and I could almost picture him standing there with his fly rod...
it's moments like these that I love to have when I go out for a run.
I started running home and found myself passing so many other people out for their morning walk or run as well.
I smiled and waved to everyone I saw, and I wondered what was going on in their lives too.
How many of them were feeling the same sense of peace that I was from being out among
Heavenly Father's beautiful creations?
How many of them sent children out the door to school and were praying for them to make new friends and for them to return home safely at the end of the day?
How many of them were facing tough trials in life, or were helping someone close to them to make it through one of their own?
How many of them were just headed out for their run...
and how many of them were headed back home?
How many of them know HOW to get back home?
Home here on earth is pretty easy to find...after all, it's where we live, right?
But how many of them know how to make it back to our Heavenly home?
It really made me think about being a missionary.
I feel that I am always trying to do my best to be an example in all that I do. I try so hard to really live what I believe although sometimes I make mistakes.
I sincerely want to live my life so that
"Those who don't know God will want to know Him because of me..."
Am I doing enough?
Am I saying enough?
Am I trying each day to be the Savior's hands and do the things that He needs me to do?
Am I #Sharing Goodness?
Am I being a light for others to follow so that they will be able to find the "way back home?"
With Clint's calling of being the High Council man over the missionaries, we are blessed to have the missionaries in our home every week. I love giving them treats, sharing life's stories, and taking care of their dry cleaning for them... :)
(They know not to ask me to mend a hole in their pants though because I would probably just pull out my handy dandy glue gun! :)
I am teaching my children to be missionaries at school and to be a friend to the one that's alone on the playground...and I am raising 3 boys whom I hope and pray will desire to serve missions of their own...
It makes me smile when Carew comes home and shares what he has learned in Seminary...or when he tells me he gave his friend at school a Book of Mormon, and his friend had it taken away for reading it during class.
(We will have to work on that...:)
Anyways, I guess I just needed to write down my thoughts today of helping others to know how to find their way "back home."
I'm always the one that benefits from these teaching moments that come from the Spirit.
I'm so glad he speaks to me in a way that is so easy for me to understand.
Now I just pray that I can do my part, and help be a light that others (especially my family) can follow to find the way back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment