Heartstrings By Susette

Sunday, February 15, 2015

My Heartthrob, My Valentine :)

I love my calling of being a wife! 
Ever since I was a little girl, I remember how I wanted nothing more out of life than to meet my Prince, marry him in the temple for time and all eternity, and then live happily ever after! :)
Well, here I am 38 years old young ;) ...and living my "happily forever after!"

Life has taught me a thing or two along the way though...

 I have learned that what you think about your spouse is exactly how you will see them. No, I am not perfect, but I believe I can love my husband perfectly if that is what I choose to do!

 I have always admired the strengths of my sweetie, and have always tried to calmly overlook any of his "flaws"... I have always tried to be very pure in my thoughts and words about him.
I have chosen to never say an unkind word to him or about him to anyone...especially our children! In fact, I have tried to do the exact opposite! I will repeatedly remind my children how they are the luckiest kids on the earth to have Clint for their dad! And even to this day, they will agree! :)

I have learned that dates are a MUST! No, they don't have to be extravagant, but one on one time with each other every week is simply necessary in order to focus on each other. When we go out, we get to talk about each other and NOT our children! Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my calling as a mother and I LOVE our children! But I believe that if I am happy in my marriage, then I will be happy as a mother too! 

Going to the temple, praying together, studying the scriptures together, and bearing testimony to each other is essential too! Oh how I love to express my love and gratitude for my husband out loud as we talk to our Heavenly Father together. I feel a deep inner sense of love and peace and reassurance that I am the most precious thing to Clint, and when that feeling of love is amplified by the warmth of the spirit and the confirmation from Heavenly Father of His love too....well, you can see how much strength that can bring to the most important eternal relationship of marriage.

The lessons I have learned are many...I could go on and on...but I feel it enough to say that marriage is ordained of God, and that I am eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father for this man that has proven to be the greatest blessing of my life! 


Clint and I on the beach in Cancun...sooo beautiful!

Clint and I at a catered dinner on the beach in Cancun...
(I wish I had a picture of us while we were line dancing!!! Hilarious!!! :)

Clint and I stopping for a picture and "another" hug while on a 26 mile snowmobile ride on New year's Day. I loved that he let me drive so he could "hug" me the whole time :)

Clint and I at one of the many JAZZ games that we get to go to! Having season tickets has been a great way for Clint to take turns taking me, and all of our kids on one on one dates. It's always a "win-win" even when the JAZZ don't win!

Clint and I sneaking away for a romantic night's stay at the Grand America...What a perfect little holiday getaway and a great way to squeeze in Christmas shopping without the little ones!

Clint and I at the Conference Center for the First Presidency Christmas Devotional...Our kids were with us too...(minus Kambriella) but of course we had to get a picture together :)

Clint and I in front of the "Tree of Life" in Draper. We had the family there too, but again, had to sneak a picture while the little ones were busy rolling down the hill! :)

Clint and I in front of Bill White's Porsche at Billy Blanco's in Park City. 
Clint became friends with Bill through work and he has invited us to come and try the food at all of his 9 restaurants in Park City! Pretty fun!!!

Me and my sweetie...Here he is once again sporting those baby blue eyes that I first fell in love with, and have always loved every day ever since! I love you Clint!!!


Valentine's Day was yesterday, and we were fortunate to have a date night alone...but like I have always said, it doesn't really matter where we go, or what we do..Being together with him is enough.

I have always felt like I have been treated like a queen, but I feel like it has been our mutual love and respect, and always "putting the other one first" that has helped us to come as close and as strong as we are today. I have been spoiled rotten and gotten to see and do some pretty awesome things with Clint...but even if I were to take all of that away, I would still feel like the Queen that he sees me as.

As much as I have loved the memories we have made, some of my favorites are still the most simple and sweet ones that I hold dear...sunrise hikes... walks in the falling snow after shoveling the driveway together... sitting up late at night and talking for hours... and his happy eyes and sweet smile that greet me with his warm embrace every single time he walks in the door...

He's my heartthrob, my Valentine, and my Best Friend for eternity!!!
I love you Clint!!!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

ok, enough with the mushy gushy lovey dovey stuff. Just kidding! I LOVE IT!!!! I love YOU GUYS! You two have always been my prime example of what I want my marriage to be. Thanks for sharing your love story, and for sharing your testimony of an eternal marriage and what it SHOULD be. You two rock. And I love you for it!
-Cherie