On the Sunday after Christmas we were at church and visiting with some friends of ours when Kesslyn noticed "Santa" sitting on the chairs in the back of the room.
She tugged on my sleeve to get my attention and whispered to me while pointing at him, "Santa!!!"
I said, "Yes, you can go see him."
So she quickly left my side and walked straight back to him and they began chatting.
I watched them carrying on their conversation for quite some time when I finally became curious to what they were talking about, so I decided to go over and join them.
"Santa" told me that Kesslyn came over to thank him for the dolly that he brought her, and that she loved all of her toys. :)
My heart melted.
What a sweetie. I was so impressed that she would be brave enough to go and see him on her own and to want to thank him for what he brought her.
I LOVE being a mom and when I see my children growing and learning in the gospel (even if that's just in expressing gratitude) it makes my heart smile.
These are precious little moments that I always want to remember!
(This is a picture from the night that Kesslyn asked "Santa" for her dolly.) So sweet!


No comments:
Post a Comment