Today my baby girl Kambriella turned 11!
We had a wonderful day celebrating Kambriella, but before I write about today, I want to share what we did last week to celebrate Kambriella. :)

This is a tradition that I have done for each of my children as they have turned the age of being able to go to young mens or young womens, and most importantly, the age they turn when they can enter the temple.
And although it is different now, and Kambriella will only be 11 when she enters the temple for the first time, she still has to wait until January for that to happen. (The year of her 12th birthday. :)
I planned a surprise party over zoom and had previously planned and prepared for some of the most important and influential women in her life to be there. I told each of them to think about a gift (around $10) that they would give to Kambriella that bests represents what they love most about being a girl, and then be prepared to share why they chose that gift, and what they loved or remembered most about going into young womens.
I wrapped all the gifts and set up the surprise in the basement, Clint blind folded Kambriella, and led her to the basement when it was time for the surprised...and BOY was she surprised!!!
And although this is not how I would have chosen to have this party (virtually), because of social distancing and the COVID-19 pandemic, it was my only option, and I was willing to do whatever was needed to make it happen, and I'm SO glad I did.
There was such a special spirit present that I had not quite anticipated (because people couldn't actually be there), and as each person shared their thoughts with Kambriella, my love for her deepened, her gratitude grew, and the bond between the women in our family grew too.
Everyone had wonderful thoughts to share, they built Kambriella up, and I literally felt a present "turning of the hearts from the children to their fathers (mothers.)"
I was blown away as the first gift Kambriella opened was from my mom, and she had chosen to give Kambriella a "heart." A heart fanny pack, and a heart locket.
My mom began telling Kambriella that she picked the heart for many reasons...because Kambriella has a kind and loving heart, because one day she would give her heart to someone in marriage, and then share her heart with a family one day too. She also mentioned the special bond that Kambriella and my dad had - they both had open heart surgery, they shared the same scars, and she was the only one of the grand-kids with that special connection to her grandpa. I almost started to cry...happy tears. ;)
I could go on and on about all of the good things that were shared, but it would almost be writing a book, so I'm going to give a short account, and hopefully these key words will remind us later on of the feelings that came that night through the spirit.
(*Grandma Panter gave the heart as shared above.)
*Grandma Trickett gave books and bookmarks encouraging her to be well rounded.
*Aunt Tammy gave her facial peel masks encouraging her to spend time taking care of herself and having fun with ME. :)
*Aunt Ginger gave her make up and reminded her that beauty is important both on the inside and out.
*Aunt Laura gave her a book about young women and their values, signed by the author, and shared insights of loving to read to her children, and that Kambriella too would love doing that one day.
*Aunt Cherie gave her a board game, "Harry Potter and the Labrynth" to remind her that life is a journey, and although obstacles will come, you never give up, but endure to the end and "win the prize."
*Aunt Tiffany gave her bright and sparkly finger nail polish that would "stand out" and encouraged her to do the same. Even if peers might choose poorly, she can "stand out" and do what is right.
*Aunt Sara gave her hair accessories encouraging her to create something beautiful - in your hair, in your home, in your family, in life.
*Aunt Laura T. gave her a unicorn bath bomb encouraging her to take time for herself sometimes. :)
*Big Sissy Kierra gave her a weaving loom also encouraging her to enjoy creating beautiful things, but most importantly one day, being a loving mother and creating life.
*I gave Kambriella shoes and told her I was so excited for her and the places she will go! The temple, young womens activities and girls camps, and also learning to serve and love others, "walking" in their shoes.
This is just a glimpse of the good that was there that night, but oh how Kambriella loved every minute of it!
She listened so intently to everything that was said, almost as if she was letting it "imprint" on her soul.
She is a sweet girl with a special mission on earth, I know.
After the zoom meeting had ended, Kesslyn could not wait to give Kambriella a gift too, so she ran up to her and said, "Kambriella, I have a present for you too! The BEST one of all...a HUG!"
It was so sweet. I think she was really feelin' the love! :)
Then, Kambriella immediately asked me to help her find a picture of her and Grandpa Panter to put in her locket.
These are the ones that I found.
My dad holding Kambriella as a baby before her open heart surgery, and my dad with her having an ice cream cone at Arctic Circle after open heart surgery.
So many special memories and things that mean so much to me...I pray that by writing these things down, I will never forget these special feelings, and that the spirit will always bring these feelings back to my heart over and over again. After all, the Spirit testifies of truth, and I know that these principles of womanhood are special and true. Kesslyn even asked me what woman I wanted to meet one day and I simply responded..."Heavenly Mother." :)










No comments:
Post a Comment