Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, June 22, 2020

Father's Day 2020

After being gone for a couple of weeks on a family trip, we are finally home and back in the swing of things.
It was Father's Day yesterday, and not only did we celebrate our own family, we also celebrated all of the men in our ward and neighborhood with a Crumble cookie! 150 of them to be exact! ;)
On Saturday when we had gone to pick up the cookies, we arrived at home to find yet another box of Crumble cookies that had been delivered to our front door from Kierra and Riley to Clint!
Yes, Clint is a #1 Dad, and he was grateful for the extra sweetness. :)
Kesslyn was one of the first kiddos up to hug her daddy and tell him Happy Father's Day. :)
Clint and I got a picture together too, but this was as good as it got.;)
He was so happy that I let him grow his beard over the last couple of weeks too while we were in Lake Powell on a house boat!
He looks pretty handsome in it although I hate how scratchy it feels when I kiss him...
He says he is going to shave it next week, just in time for our anniversary. :)
Then I can kiss him LOTS. ;)
We had a lovely home church again. I have really loved this special time with just our family watching my boys prepare, bless, and pass the sacrament to our family. They say the words with such meaning and love, as if the Savior himself were there with us.
I love it.
The boys each gave a talk about fathers from the scriptures, the importance of leading a family with love and the priesthood, and the amazing example of their own dad. The girls sang the special musical number to their dad, and it was a sweet Sabbath.
On Saturday we also got together with Clint's family for a Father's Day barbecue.
I love his family and we always have such a good time when we are together.
Although we missed Cory, Chad, and Cody. Little Emmett went back into the hospital for surgery again, and Chad and Cory live far away. But we still had a crowd and enjoyed yummy food, lots of laughs, and some good conversation.
Here is a picture of Jim and Gerry with the grand-kids...
And one of all the guys that were there...
...and one with me and my honey.
I love this guy so much and can't believe we will be celebrating our 26th anniversary next week!
We've shared a lot of good times over the years, and I always look forward to many more ahead.
I never knew how things would go in our life when we first got married. I just knew that I wanted to experience the ride with HIM.
It's been an adventure, and I've loved every minute with this guy.
Happy Father's Day my love.

No comments: