Heartstrings By Susette

Sunday, January 24, 2021

The Holmstrom Wedding Miracle

Meet my friend Jodie and her new daughter in law Hannah.
I love their giant smiles because it reflects the mood and feel of the special night we helped to create for them, and it reflects the feelings of my heart.
Jodie got ahold of me one night and asked if I could help her with her son's wedding that was moved up from August 2021, to January 7th, 2021!
With just about a week and a half to pull off a small miracle, we did it!!! AND, it was beautiful. :)
Jodie came to my house where we brainstormed centerpieces and came up with something beautiful, and fitting for her son, AND it was FREE!!! HOW?? Because I have some pretty amazing friends who are sweet and willing to share all they have for the "building up of the kingdom of God on the earth, and for the establishment of Zion." THAT is exactly what I feel we are doing when we help one another all along the way.
I feel so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints and to be able to call these good good people my friends.
At the last minute I was able to call on a dozen different people who resoundingly answered "yes!" to a call for help. And that is exactly the way that I think Heavenly Father intended for us to minister to each other while we are finding our way down this path on our mortal journey.
We pulled together our resources and our time and talents and in the process had a good time laughing and creating something beautiful.
The wedding and their celebration afterwards was held in a little white barn in Draper, and with the things we had planned and gathered, it was more than what anyone expected it to be. Jodie was so overwhelmed with gratitude that she was literally moved to tears at the end of the night when she was able to say "thank-you."
It felt good to know that I was able to help Jodie and her family in some small way, that to them was huge.
My sister Tiffany, her husband Colby, and other friends, Joanne, Jill, Emily, Lorelei, Katie, and others were also there with smiles on and helping hands.
As we do our daily work, we are building relationships that are not only for today, but also for eternity.
Thank you Jodie for being brave and reaching out to ask for help! Thank you for believing in me that I could actually help you pull this off, and for being so gracious , sweet, and appreciative.  
I truly see and feel your goodness and your good heart, and I'm so grateful for that good gift.
Thank you Tiffany and Colby and everyone else who came to the rescue in our time of need for help! I LOVE my people and their willing and giving hearts.
Jodie stopped by just the other day with a few small gifts and a letter of gratitude. Once again she was overcome with emotion, and as I gave her a hug, I also said a little prayer that she would KNOW how much she is really loved.
Because she really is!

No comments: