Heartstrings By Susette

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Dallin at the Jordan River Temple

On Tuesday June 1st, 2021, Dallin was able to go to the Jordan River Temple to take out his own endowments!
This was by far one of the most special and sacred experiences I have had going to the temple.
Not only was this my first time being in the temple in over 15 months (because of the pandemic), but it was also the first time I have ever had half of my children in the endowment and celestial room with me. The spirit was thick and palpable.
Clint was able to be Dallin's escort, and we had 10 people from our family as the only people there in the temple besides the workers.
We went inside all together and received the warmest welcome, listened to a few instructions, and then went through the endowment together.
After the session was over, I was the first one to enter the celestial room, and as I did so, I was completely overcome with the spirit and began to cry almost as instantly as I walked in the room. I felt so much gratitude and love for what I was experiencing, and I honestly felt like Heavenly Father was just in there waiting for me with a big, warm hug. That's literally what it felt like.
Then, one by one, as my family all joined me in the celestial room the feeling of love just grew and grew.
The cool thing was that all of the people that Dallin wanted to have with him there were able to come. (Everyone but Riley that is, since he was at his officer's training for 3 weeks.)
We were allowed to invite 16 people to be with us, but Dallin only wanted these specific people, which was simply perfect.
Grandpa Trickett
Grandma Trickett AND Grandma Panter
Carew and Kara
Kierra (and baby girl ;)
Brothers :)
Aunt Laura and Uncle Kevin
(Favorite cousin Cohen's parents.;)
After we visited and took pictures, Dallin was off to the high school for the year book signing party, and the rest of us went to Rumbi Island Grill for a yummy bite of dinner.
It was such a special day, and such special people came to celebrate and support Dallin in this amazing next step in his eternal progression.
Words are hard to come by to express how full my heart was on this day, but sharing the memory here, along with the pictures bring all of these tender feelings back to my heart. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the amazing plan that has been set forth in order for us to be together forever...I am FOREVER  GRATEFUL!

 

No comments: