Dad and I continue our tradition of an overnight date every month! This one was to our favorite place, the Suites at Hotel Park City! It was on November 4th, but was also a late birthday celebration for Clint.
We made many trips to the cabin in preparation for a sun Thanksgiving
Sooo many turkeys!!
Here are lots of fun pictures from our fall break trip to California Adventure that I forgot to post. ;)
And while we were at the cabin working hard, we HAD to take some time out to play in the snow!
Friend Chloe Brown, Kambriella, and Kesslyn...(and we did NOT bring sufficient clothes for playing in the snow, so we made due with what we could find...
…only to find the children wrapped in bath towels while their wet clothing was being dried in the dryer in the cabin!
We went to Kambriella's first ever play for her theater class, Treasure Island!
We went to see the Nutcracker Ballet, starring Mia Burbidge as Clara, and Natalee Burbidge as the Sugar Plum Fairy!
We had a short visit from Kinley Anderson, on her stop so we could drive her to the airport to go home for Thanksgiving!
We had Thanksgiving at the cabin!!!
We turned our annual Turkey Trot into a full on Amazing Turkey Race!
It was a run, a scavenger hunt, a word scramble, and obstacle challenge.
There were only a few poor sports, ;) but overall I think everyone had fun.
Drake's red team won the race!!!
We took a fancy tractor ride from Clint dressed up in his suit to get to the back of the property to take some family Christmas photos...;)
Elder Trickett called from Brazil at the PERFECT time while we were all gathered around and telling all of the things that we were thankful for about each other...
Then, we headed outside for a tractor ride on hay bails with Christmas lights and Christmas music. It was magical, and all of the work that we had put into the property to get this ready for everyone was worth it! Everyone loved it, and the warm fire and hot chocolate back at the barn.
Sweet little Brooks Gailey asked if he could get a picture with me, "because I'm so nice!" ;)
Clint and I also went on our own date to pick out a real live Christmas tree to put in our bedroom this year! I LOVED it! It was so magical and romantical...;)
I even saved these glass ball ornaments that used to be Clint's moms and hung them on our tree.
Clint loved it. :)
We went to the Hale Center Theater's play The Little Mermaid!
I helped my widowed friend put up her Christmas village!
I took a young adult group from our ward to see the Live Nativity in the Glen.
It was beautiful!



































































































No comments:
Post a Comment