This October has seemed more like summer than fall with how amazing the weather has been! 70's and 80's everyday, and ice-cream for an afterschool treat!
We celebrated Colby's birthday by going out to dinner at the Mandarin in Bountiful.
Kesslyn and I took a short hike together up the Rocky Mouth Waterfall trail to see the beautiful fall colors...
The waterfall was running small, but I guess that is to be expected by the time we get to October, right?
Kesslyn and I had s fun time on our hike...
...she is my little buddy everywhere I go. :)
Kesslyn, you are so so cute!!!
Clint and I love attending the temple each week, and especially in preparation for general conference!
It's my favorite place to be where heaven and earth connect.
I love the house of the Lord.
We were so excited to go and spend the conference weekend up at the cabin where everything is so still and peaceful.
I brought the "conference cash" and set up shop for everyone to participate in the fun of being present and engaging in conference!
It's a silly little tradition, but everyone LOVES it! I hand out fake money when I see people listening, taking notes, and singing, and then when the session is over, I "open" the store and let people "buy" their prizes.
They are just simple little treasures, but still enough to bring lots of smiles. :)
On Saturday and in between sessions the kids also had fun riding the 4 wheeler around the property.
Dallin and Julia loved it, and Eddy loved it too!
Kambriella, Kesslyn, and the neighbor friend Mary loved it too!
I LOVE these Note Posters that the kids "drew" their notes on while listening to the leaders and their messages. I don't care HOW they listen, I just LOVE that they listen, engage, learn, and feel the spirit while they do this!
Not only are they hearing the messages and feeling the Spirit, but they are seeing their stories and retaining them too. I LOVE general conference and the fact that we can also take the messages with us to study every single day until the next conference comes around too!
President Nelson announced 17 new temples taking the total number of temples that are either open, announced, or under construction to a total of 367 temples!!!
The Lord is truly hastening His work, and it is a privilege to be a part of gathering Israel on both sides of the veil!
President Nelson also said to help the world to prepare for the second coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. These are exciting times to be living in, and to be a part of the Lord's great work!

















No comments:
Post a Comment