So here is my family AFTER we had all run our races. Medals for everyone! Red faces too!

Here are the kids with some of their cousins and "Pioneer Pete" who led the 1K while running bare foot! These little ones could really turn on the boosters! I told Gavin that I could see smoke coming out of his shoes cause he was running so fast! ;)
Here I am with my "Tree Trunk Trophy!" What would you expect the trophy to be made of when you are entered into a Pioneer Day race?;) (Definitely affordable for the city budget!) It was a good challenge for me to try to do my best and I ended up winning 1st place overall for the women at 19:52. Not my best time ever, but good enough for this one I guess. I think that averages out to be about a 6:25 pace. Not bad for a 34 year old! Especially when the 2nd and 3rd place girls were about half my age!;)
Here I am with "the Winner" himself! After only going out running 3 times total before the actual race, Clint was able to beat his goal and beat all of his sisters and his mom! I think his time was about 25:21. Not bad for a first time runner! The funny part of the whole thing is that next year, Clint and I will both be in the "older" age groups and so I think Clint really wants to try and do it again and try and take the old farts trophy! Woo Hoo!!
I know this picture turned out dark, but I still wanted to put it on here so that we could remember all of the family that was there to join in on the fun! I think we might have started a new family tradition! Almost everyone that ran had their personal best times. (I think in part because everyone wanted to try and beat Clint!) Now I think Clint is just waiting for his sisters to all take him out to dinner for beating them. I'm proud of everyone who ran, especially my kids! Good job Clint, way to run! -But just remember, it's a good thing you caught me when you married me because I just don't think you can catch me in a race!!!;) Love you all!




1 comment:
Susette-------Your blog is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with me! I am so glad we can "snoop" at each other's lives now! I was telling Gerry how much I have always adored you and wished I could be around you more----so this is so great! Will snoop more later!!!
Post a Comment