Heartstrings By Susette

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Through a Child's Eyes...



As I have sat back and watched the summer days roll on, and have gotten to spend so much more time with my children, I have been blessed to see things on a different level. Through a child's eyes -life is new, life is exciting and adventurous -and life is wonderful and magical. It's the little wonders and everyday moments that can be so amazing to them. We have been so busy lately doing so many different family activities that it really has made me realize that the saying is quite true..."Each day is a gift..."

I have so many things to catch up on and to write about, but before I even try to get started, I just needed to take a minute and share a little moment that I had with Gavin the other day that I feel really sets the tone for how I feel about my time with them as a mother.

We were gone camping up at the Heber Valley Camp for our family reunion and there were about 50 or 60 of us there. We had a great time together (and I will write more about that later) but when the time came to tuck everyone in bed, it took all the little ones a bit longer to settle in. (With all those cousins to play with, do you blame them?;) We were in a cabin with 3 other families and so we were trying to be quiet as to not disturb anyone else. But, at about 1:30 in the morning, little Mister Gavin quietly tip toed over to my bed and tapped me on the shoulder. His little legs were bothering him with growing pains and he couldn't go to sleep. I got up out of my bed and tip toed with Gavin back over to his bed and snuggled in with him. I had forgotten to pack any Tylenol so I didn't really have anything to give him to help with the pain, so I just layed down next to him and tried to rub his legs for him in hopes that the pain would go away. I thought for sure that this would relax him enough that he would be able to fall asleep pretty quickly, so after what seemed like a long time, I was surprised when Gavin whispered to me, "Mom, this is so fun."

Isn't that amazing? I was concerned about him getting to sleep and helping his pain to go away, and he was deep in thought of what a wonderful time we were all having together up there in the mountains. I smiled and snuggled a little closer to him and said, "Yes Gavin, this IS so much fun..." ;)

1 comment:

Tawny Michelle Stephens said...

I love this Susette! Your totally the cutest Mom ever. Thanks for sharing!