Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Angels among us...

Have you ever met someone that you did not know, but felt as if you had literally met an angel? There have been many times in my life where my path has crossed that of another, and from that moment on, my life had been changed for good...the other day was one of those moments...

    Little Miss Kambriella and I were out doing some shopping together, having a fun "girls afternoon out" when we stopped into Seagull Book to buy a framed picture of the Savior as part of a bridal shower gift that we were putting together. We made our way around the store admiring everything that was "eye level" with a 3 year old ;) ...Books, jewelry, stickers, and stuffed animals...
   Now, let me tell you ~ Kambriella has somehow acquired the "youngest child syndrome" where she simply melts our hearts and somehow ends up getting almost anything she wants...
BUT ~ wanting to do my best NOT to spoil her too terribly, I have been working on NOT giving in to my every whim to lavish her with anything and everything she might happen to set her eyes on!

   So, as we looked around the store I was feeling very accomplished as we looked and enjoyed but did not feel the need to buy her anything... until with her sweet little voice she asked,

 "Mommy, are these stickers too much? Do you have one dollar?"

   When I looked down at the stickers I saw that the ones she was holding were shiny metallic and had a princess crown on them that said

 "Daughter of God"


  NOW...what good mother would tell her little princess that she could NOT have these stickers that she was ASKING for, that so simply reinforced everything GOOD that I have been trying to teach her about who she is??!!

 I thought to myself with a smile on my face..." I HAVE to buy these stickers for her! She is ASKING for stickers that tell her WHO she is!!!"

I could just picture her walking around with her stickers and telling every girl that she would see...
"I'm a Daughter of God, and so are you! Do you want one?"
 ~ and then she would share her stickers and she would feel happy because she would know that she IS a Princess ~ a true Daughter of a Heavenly King, and she would also feel the joy of sharing her knowledge AND her stickers with others...
In my mother's eye this would be a "win ~ win" situation for me, teaching my little Kambriella a PRICELESS lesson while only spending $1!!!!!

Now, back to the story of angels...
As Kambriella happily held her stickers we continued looking around the store, AND at all of the other things that little 3 year old girls love...namely the little stuffed animals...
Kambriella picked up and hugged every different animal she could find and then happily placed each one back where she got it from, still content with "her stickers."
Little did I know that we had been being watched from a distance by this woman who could no longer just watch, but had to come over and talk to us...

"Those stuffed animals are really a good price!" she said very informatively...

"I know! Aren't they so cute?" I responded politely.

"Yes! You know that they are normally TRIPLE that price anywhere else..." said this woman that I did not know but I got the feel that she WANTED me to buy one for Kambriella!

We smiled and chatted for a minute before finishing up our shopping, and then went up to the counter to pay..(.Little did I know that we were STILL being watched...)
We made our purchase and the lady behind the counter handed Kambriella her stickers when Kambriella proceeded to tell me,

 "I'm a daughter of God mommy AND a child of God!"

 I was so tickled by her enthusiasm and excitement that I giggled to myself as she started covering my wrists and arms with stickers...
Just as we were ready to leave, the woman that I had spoken to earlier tapped me on the shoulder and said,
"I'm so sorry to bother you, but she is so cute and, well, would it be OK if I bought her one of those stuffed animals? It would just make me so happy to be able to give her one! Would it be OK if she could come back and pick out the one she wants?"

I giggled again at the thought of my little Princess NOT getting spoiled and said,

 "Sure! That is so sweet of you! What a kind thing to do!"

From that moment on I felt so happy and so touched at how this complete stranger would be so kind to MY little girl, and put forth such a simple request but with such Christ like love...
Who knew that one stuffed animal puppy later, my little Kambriella, myself, and this complete stranger would be sharing "tear-filled-eyed" hugs?
I'm sure that she had no idea what an effect she was having on our little lives...

As Kambriella hugged her new little puppy, she said "thank-you," took her new stickers, and put one on the hand of the woman that bought her the puppy...
The kind woman stood and said with delight,

"Oh thank you! I feel like a PRINCESS!"

I drove home with a smile on my lips and in my heart as I said a prayer of gratitude for kind and loving people in the world and small acts of kindness...

...and then I giggled as Kambriella announced the name of her new stuffed animal...

"Puppy Child"

So, I am happy to introduce the newest addition to our family... Puppy Child...
Princess Kambriella just loves her sooooooo much!

I pray that simple joy will bless the heart of that kind woman that we met that day, and that some measure of happiness will fill her heart in the same way that she filled ours :)
Thank you Heavenly Father for the angels that are among us...

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I can think of no other words to say other than I LOVE THIS STORY! That sweet Kambriella is already well on her way to becoming just like her sweet big sister and wonderful Moma! And the fact that she could show her appreciation (at such a young age) to the sweet angel who bought her the puppy by giving her a sticker is so amazing to me. What. a. DOLL! :)