
Scriptures to Ponder
Foundation Scriptures:
Articles of Faith 1-3
Joseph Smith History 1:16-17
Bear Personal Witness:
D&C 76:22-24
Alma 5:44-48
D&C 88:68
D&C 93:1
The Atonement
Isaiah 9:6-7
Matt 11:2-6
Matt 28:1-7
Mark 1:6-11
Mark 2:1-12
Luke 22:39-39-45
John 11:20-27
John 17:3
1 Cor. 15:19-22
1 Nephi 11:31-33
2 Nephi 25:26
Mosiah 15:18
Alma 7:7
Alma 7:10-14
Alma 36:17-26
3 Nephi 11:3-19
3 Nephi 17:6-10
Moses 7:60-62
This is quite an extensive list of scriptures to study that was delivered to the auxiliary leaders in our ward...we were asked to read, ponder, fast, and pray over these scriptures and our role as disciples of Christ.
As I did so, I was moved by the Spirit time and time again as I felt myself drawing closer to my Savior, and as my testimony of His divinity and the power of His atonement were becoming more sure and steady in my heart and soul.
I went to the meeting where we discussed our desires to reach out to the "one"...
The Spirit bore witness to me yet again that the work of discipleship is so important, but never as important as the "one" we may be seeking...
As Clint and I both have recently been to general training meetings taught by Sister Marriot of the General Young Women's Presidency, and President Chamberlain of the Salt Lake City Mission...we have both felt impressed that the Lord is truly hastening the work and seeking to find all of His children. How we choose to seek them out will be up to us individually,
and being close to the Spirit is essential.
It is my prayer that I will listen to the promptings of the Spirit as I try to do what the Savior needs me to do...as we strive to be the "instruments" in His hands.
I thought it was interesting at the end of our ward training meeting where we were asked to read, ponder, fast, and pray over the above list of scripture, that we were told that this list of scripture is the same list of scripture that was given to the leaders of the church as they sought inspiration for the talks they delivered at the last general conference...
I felt that much more gratitude for the already strong feelings that I had received as I studied them...
I know that this gospel is true.
I know it with everything that is in me...
It is where we find answers to all of life's questions, and it is where we will find true and everlasting joy both in this life and in the life to come.
I also know that it is where I feel the love of my Heavenly Father and my Savior each and every day.
Now help me dear Father to spread that light and love...
to the "one."
No comments:
Post a Comment