I have a lot of really amazing artists that I love, but this painting that I have hanging in my home is one of my very favorites. :)
This picture of the resurrected Christ is by Simon Dewey, and I love everything about it!
I love how strong He looks knowing that He has overcome death,
and I love that there is light shining directly on His face as His first priority after exiting the tomb is to look up - to His Father...
Sometimes when I pray in the morning, I will go into this room and stare at this picture for a long time before I kneel down. It may seem silly, but I love to imagine His face and think that He really is right there in the room with me. :)

Something interesting happened to me yesterday as I knelt down to pray...
I had said a prayer, and then as I lifted my head and opened my eyes, they were drawn to a particular spot in the painting that I have never really focused on...
His feet.
I stared for a long time at the spot of ground that He stood on and noticed the direction He was going..
In my mind it was very clear the message that I was receiving...
His step was straight forward symbolizing to me the direction that I need to go.
"Come, follow me!"
Jesus Christ always "took the steps" of obedience and love and sacrifice...whatever it was that His Father needed Him to do...and as I try each day to learn "how to be like Him," I know that I need to follow in His ways and make the steps that I take be the ones that are steps towards Him and our eternal and heavenly home.
My steps need to be sure, and always firm on the gospel path.
They always need to be steps that will go before my children and hopefully lead them in the right way.
I love simple little lessons like this that the Spirit teaches me, and I love the righteous example we have in our Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:
Post a Comment