It's Wednesday!
For the last 3 and a half years I have been fortunate enough and blessed to be able to serve in the young women's organization of the church. The highlight for me of course was getting to be with Kierra so much and to have had some life changing experiences together...but also just getting to spend every Wednesday and Sunday with our amazing youth.
Today we will be visiting the Oquirrh Mountain Temple with the girls and strengthening our testimonies of the temple and of eternal families.
This is one of my favorite things to do...go to the temple.
We live about 3 miles from the Jordan River temple and are very fortunate to get to go there often. Right now though, the temple is under renovation and won't be open for about a year and a half.
Sooooo.....
We have decided to take advantage of this opportunity to go and visit some other temples too!
(Did you know that by the time all of the currently announced temples are completed there will be 175 temples dotting the earth?)
This summer, Clint, Kierra, Carew and I had the amazing opportunity of going to the
Palmyra, New York Temple.
It was literally a sacred experience, as you can stand inside the temple and gaze out a large picture window into the actual Sacred Grove. The same Sacred Grove where Joseph Smith had the First Vision and saw the literal Son of God and Heavenly Father himself.
Also this summer, we have visited the Logan Temple. This temple has extra significance and special meaning to me as it is the temple where Clint and I were sealed for time and all eternity.
And after 22 years of marriage to this amazing man, I am more in love with him today than ever.
It just keeps getting better and better :)

We also visited the New port Beach Temple this summer with Kierra, Carew, and Dallin.
This was very special to me to be with all of my family (that's old enough) and to feel the special spirit there and participate together in saving ordinances.
This MUST be how it will feel to be with loved ones in heaven...
We also went to the Payson temple and witnessed the marriage of this beautiful bride.
Amelia has always been the big sister to Kierra that she has never had, and really like a daughter to me.
I love that the temple blesses our lives in so many ways.
This month we will also be going to the Mount Timpanogos temple...
And just for fun, here is a list of the temples I have visited:
Anchorage Alaska Temple
Laie Hawaii Temple
San Diego Temple
Newport Beach Temple
Mesa Arizona Temple
Idaho Falls Temple
Brigham City Temple
Logan Temple
Ogden Temple
Bountiful Temple
Salt Lake Temple
Oquirrh Mountain Temple
Jordan River Temple
Draper Temple
Mount Timpanogos Temple
Provo City Center Temple
Provo Temple
Payson Temple
Manti Temple
St. George Temple
Las Vegas Temple
Palmyra New York Temple
Boston Massachusetts Temple
Orlando Florida Temple
They are all amazing and beautiful and each one brings the same
peaceful feelings of "heaven on earth."
They are a "refuge from the storm" and a great blessing in my life, and also something that I try to pattern my home after. I love the temples so much and am so grateful for the eternal promises that I have made and those same promises that Heavenly Father is keeping with me.
I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment