Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, November 2, 2020

Halloween 2020

This year Halloween was on Saturday, and it looked and felt quite different than any other Halloween I have ever experienced. After living in the Covid-19 pandemic for nearly 8 months now, and with record cases being reported even daily, we decided to find something to do with just a few of us, while still celebrating and having fun! So, we attended the movie theater for the very first time since the pandemic and watched an old classic Halloween movie on the big screen, "Hocus Pocus!"
The thing I actually love the most about going to the movies, is eating the big bucket of buttery popcorn! (And I hadn't had any popcorn in a couple of years because I had my braces on, so it was so nice to get a bucket and snack away while we watched the Halloween movie together!
We reserved the luxury seats and ended up being the only people in the theater! I guess it was almost like we rented the entire theater for ourselves! Fun!! :)
After the movie, as we were walking out, we saw posters advertising movies that were supposed to come out months ago, but becasue of the pandemic, that never happened, and the theaters all shut down.
It was almost as if we had traveled back in time as we saw the poster advertised for "APRIL" and here we were on Halloween day, October 2020! WIERD!!!
But I also found it interesting that the title of the movie that we were looking at was titled, "No Time to Die." ~Which is exactly how we are feeling about this crazy pandemic! Plenty of people across the world have lost loved ones to the pandemic, while the majority of the population still try to live life as "normally" as possible. We have SO much to look forward to the future for in optimism, and have NO TIME to die. ;)
After the movie was over, we took Kambriella and her friend Emrey back to her house to go trick-or-treating, Dallin, Gavin, and Carew all had parties of their own that they were at, and the rest of us took Kesslyn back home where we would take her trick-or-treating for a bit.
The streets were pretty quiet as not many people were out, and I only had my doorbell ring twice which was crazy to me...but that's ok. We still had a fun holiday and most of all enjoyed being together with people that we love. That's ALWAYS my favorite part of everything we do!
Welcome November!!!

No comments: