This past weekend was full of soooo many wonderful things, but one of my favorites, was that Gavin received his patriarchal blessing from Patriarch Steven Boyd Garlic, a long time friend and old youth leader in our ward. I love that Gavin has a special connection to Steve, which made his blessing that much more special.
It was Sunday, February 5th, 2023, and Clint and I were so happy to go with Gavin and listen to the special blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for Gavin as he continues down his covenant path. Gavin is a special boy, and you could feel how much love He has for him while we sat together in the room talking and listening to Patriarch Garlick be the mouthpiece for Him.
The spirit of the entire weekend was so strong because we had stake conference as well, and were lucky to have our very own missionary, Elder Trickett in Brazil send a special message via technology from Brazil during the leadership session of that conference. I was not at that particular meeting (as Jeanette Broadhead finally passed away just 20 minutes before this meeting started, and I went to be there at her home with her son Bryan.), but Clint was there and said he was just "so proud" of his son and the wonderful work that he is doing.
(The picture below was taken by our friend Lisa Burbidge who sent the picture to her son Parker who at the time was at a day date for the Sweetheart's Dance with Gavin.)
What a wonderful and spirit filled weekend. My heart is so full, and I feel so blessed to know and to be a part of God's kingdom here on earth. Now, we just need to make sure that we share that knowledge with all the world, like these amazing missionaries are doing!
We love you Gavin and Dallin, and are so proud of you!




No comments:
Post a Comment