My dear friend Jeannette Broadhead passed away peacefully in her home on Saturday February 4, 2023 at the age of 70.
Jeannette had a fun and spunky spit-fire personality, and the whit and humor that would make anyone smile. We grew close in our relationship over the years that I served as the relief society president, and as I sat with her and tried to lovingly serve her, she ministered to me in a very Christ like way with her listening ear and tender and heartfelt remarks.
I felt privileged to help set up the display at her funeral where her family and friends could smile and reminisce on the things that Jeannette loved to do...gardening, camping, rock hunting, and making memories with her son Bryan who cared for her so much of her later life.
Bryan along with his girlfriend Chelsee became good friends as well as we leaned on each other for help and support, and most of all a good laugh every now and again...
I enjoyed watching the good care that Bryan gave to his mother, and felt so blessed to know that she had such a sweet son to look after her.
I enjoyed sitting by her bedside daily with my good friend Emily while we would have Bryan step out of the house for a break and some fresh air...those were cherished and priceless moments that I am so grateful to have in my heart.
In honor of Jeannette, the mortuary handed out little mementos of the time in the garden that Jeannette loved so much. It was a sweet gesture with a beautiful picture of Jeanette in her younger years. What a beautiful girl!
Bryan and Chelsee, thank you for loving Jeannette and for all of your selfless service to her over the years. You are wonderful examples of Christ like love, and your sweet momma will be greatly missed!
We love you Jeannette, until we meet again.








No comments:
Post a Comment