On April 3, 2024 I had foot surgery to correct my toes that had grown increasingly uncomfortable and surgery was necessary. I don't even recall how long I had been living with this foot problem, but it became inevitable to finally go under the knife. I was NOT excited to have to be down for a few months recovering, but I knew that in order to take care of it and not let it get any worse, I needed to do this hard thing. Dr. JJ Reagan was the doctor and was extremely pleased with the outcome of the surgery! See for yourself the before and after pictures!
These pictures below are of my foot just resting and non-weight bearing...
...and then weight-bearing...
After just one week, I was able to go back to the doctor and have the bandages removed. It looked awful!!! But I also knew that from here on out, it HAD to get better!
I had such a hard time recovering from the surgery, and the medications had a terrible effect on me. I threw up so much and couldn't really function with the meds in my body. I slept at home for the entire first week of my recovery! I didn't spend any time on my phone or watching television either...just sleeping. Everything made me feel sick except for sleep. I stopped taking the medication as soon as I could handle it, and ahven't had to take any since then. I'm so grateful for modern medicine, but I'm also grateful for our healthy bodies that can recover and heal on their own too.
After 8 weeks, they were able to remove the pin from my second toe, and just a few short days later I was walking on it. The doctor has told me to give it a full ear for recovery, and I can see why! It is a slow and long process, and I am looking forward to this time next year when I can feel "normal!" ;)
I am so grateful for the healthy body that Heavenly Father gave me, and I want to do everything in my power to get strong again. I'm working on it every single day.
While I was down and had to be off my feet, I was able to create a graduation announcement for Gavin.
He is such a handsome dude. :)
During this time, Clint and Gavin were invited by Kevin Affleck to go to a special night at the JAZZ game. They were able to go down on the floor and do the High 5 Tunnel to welcome all the players out onto the floor! It was so cool and such a fun night for my boys! Thank you Kevin for always being so generous and giving and thinking of others. We love you!
At this time, Kesslyn also started up on her recreational volleyball team with her best friend Annie. :)
She grew a lot and had so much fun playing!
My first outing after my surgery was to the Draper temple for the marriage of Hannah Blaylock. I was able to go because Clint was so kind to push me in my wheelchair and I was able to just sit and observe the sacred ordinance and be filled with the spirit and with healing in my soul. It was a good good outing. I could have sat there in the sun for the entire afternoon with my sweetie right beside me.
We had more track meets...
...and outings to get paperwork done for Gavin to have his visa in time to go to the D.R. for his mission!!! I loved this one on one time with my Gavin! We also had fun getting Rio Acai together after every outing (or so it felt like ;).
...more track meets for Gavin and Kambriella...
...and more volleyball games for Kesslyn...
We also spent an evening outside the temple with Gavin taking pictures for his mission, and for his mission announcement and invitation.
It was so beautiful there and we had such a good night doing the pictures together.
At the end of our night we took a few selfies together when a couple came out of the temple and saw us and asked if we wanted them to take our picture, so we said yes please! Guess where the lady had served her mission about 30 years before??
yep! The Dominican Republic!
I love how Heavenly Father always lets us know that He is aware of us! That lady sharing her feelings with Gavin solidified everything we were doing that night and made Gavin SO EXCITED for what he was doing. Heavenly Father sent that lady to minister to Gavin in that specific way that evening outside of the temple, and I know that. God is so good.
While I was still recovering from my surgery I was able to sit down at my kitchen table and make this banner for the Senior Night at the High School for the tennis team...
Clint and I were privileged to accompany Gavin on his Senior walk that day.
Gavin, we are SO proud of you!!!
There are so many good things happening in our family every day, and I am grateful for the triumphs as well as the trials. They keep us humble and help us to grow.
Together we can do so much good! Let's go!!!


































.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment