Yesterday was a big day for this little girl!
We went to the orthodontist and had a consultation appointment and found out that Kesslyn will be getting a retainer to wear for the next 8-10 months, followed by about 18 months of braces. Then, she will have a 2-3 year break before beginning her "normal" teenager round of braces!
This is the youngest I have ever had to take any of my children to the orthodontist, but hopefully by getting her started on some early help, we can avoid some more invasive things later on.
The doctor said that her jaw popping is most likely hereditary and is more like a 1 in 400 ratio of children her age that have that problem. With the way her jaw is aligned, and her overbite, hopefully these early measures will help her in many ways.
They were so good to her in the office, and although she will be good friends with these people for a LONG time, she is as confident as ever! And why shouldn't she be?? ;)
She is BEAUTIFUL!
This good and busy day of school and ortho appointments, a trip to work, and two different mechanic shops, piano lessons and a trip to the airport, was finished up by a peaceful date at the temple with my sweetie.
We did initiatory work, and my heart was touched by the sweet worker who assisted me.
It was her first day as an ordinance worker and she became emotional every time she would begin to recite the words.
Her testimony and the spirit she brought was so tender.
She was from Brazil, and said with her beautiful accent, "These words are so powerful!" I agreed and I told her I loved her. She gave me a big hug as I left, and I took that love, that spirit, and those promises home with me, still thinking about them this morning...
I LOVE the temple and being able to PUT ON Christ.



No comments:
Post a Comment