This is a picture that I took when we were at the cabin about 5 years ago on Thanksgiving morning.
We woke up to the most beautiful dusting of snow, and a whole flock of turkeys walking up the driveway! ;) We laughed as we hollered out to them, "Hey! Don't you know what today is??"
I love the picture SO much that I had it enlarged and framed to hang in my house during the Thanksgiving holiday.
It makes me so happy!
Another thing that makes me so happy is spending time with family.
Each year we trade back and forth between which family we will spend the holiday with. But this year we finally got smart and decided to have an early Thanksgiving with my family since we would be with Clint's family ON the holiday.
I loved having time with BOTH families and feeing EXTRA blessed.
We hosted my family on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and Kambriella helped me by writing these beautiful name place cards. She is so talented! (But then again so are all of my children;)
I also made some homemade cranberry sauce and recorded it on Marco Polo for all of my children to see and learn. I'm not sure if anyone watched it, but I sure had fun doing it!
There were 19 of us total.
The food was yummy and the company was fun!
I love watching these little cousins interact with each other. ;)
Raelle is always trying to give kisses to Rodney. :)
We had this fun puzzle out for everyone to work on, but Kara was the real champ and completed at least half of it by herself!
I LOVE these little name card holders that I also found for only $1!
I went to so many Hobby Lobby stores to buy all they had so that I could be stocked up for our ever growing family...I bought 53 of them!
It was fun having everyone over, and also made me miss my family that is not with us right now.
Gavin is in the Dominican Republic serving his mission, and Kierra and her family are living in Hawaii until the summer of 2026. We miss their presence, but feel them close, and are SO GRATEFUL for the gifts and blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ and eternal families.
I am so grateful for this mortal experience that I get to share with my people!
Happy early Thanksgiving!











No comments:
Post a Comment