Heartstrings By Susette

Saturday, December 28, 2024

Happy 20th Birthday Julia!


Our daughter in law Julia turned 20 years old on December 20, 2024, and to celebrate, she wanted to go ice-skating!
She had never really been ice-skating and we were all excited to go with her, but unfortunately when we got there, we found out that we were supposed to make a reservation, and that they were all sold out! ;(
But I have always believed that where there is a will, there is a way!
I walked up to the ticket window and very sincerely and politely plead my case to the lady working behind the window.
I basically begged them to please let just the birthday girl and her husband go on the ice, even though we had a big group there. We wouldn't mind not participating if at least they could go on for Julia's birthday.
The lady was so kind and agreed that we needed to get the two of them on the ice. And so we did.
After we had them fill out the online waiver to participate, we walked up to the ticket window to pay, and the same kind lady told us that it was a birthday miracle, and that not only would she let them skete, but that the man before them paid for their tickets, so they also got to skate for free!
Happy Birthday Julia!
The rest of us enjoyed the festive atmosphere, sipped on hot chocolate, enjoyed the warm fire and the pretty lights, and watching Dallin and Julia take their turns around the ice.
It was still a very fun and rewarding night, and I was so happy that at least the birthday girl got to skate!
I love all of the time we get to gather with our family, and seeing little Rodney learn and explore all of the new tings around him is so fun to watch.
I really enjoyed the night, and didn't even have to get sore ankles from ice skates over it. ;)
When we were done at the ice rink we all headed to Blue Fish for Julia's birthday dinner of sushi!
Tiffany, Colby, Xaxton, Lexi, and Raelle all joined us for the dinner and then we all came back to our house for cake and presents.
I had made the cake for Dallin per Julia's request for "your mom's yummy cake" and I think Julia felt loved, which was really important to all of us since Julia's own family are all far away in Brazil.
Happy 20th birthday Julia!
We love you!

 

No comments: