Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Birthday Cards - Every Month


This morning I sat down and wrote birthday cards to all the sisters in my ward with September birthdays! This is something that I knew that I wanted to do myself as I would personally be able to connect with and reach out to every single sister in our ward. A card, an uplifting note, and a beautiful bookmark for each of them to feel loved. :)
It has been a blessing in my life as I have taken time to ponder on these sweet sisters as INDIVIDUALS. I have thought of them, their families, their lives, their circumstances, their challenges...and I have even felt more abundantly of the amount of love that Heavenly Father has for each of us individually too.
I hope and pray that the few words that I was able to fit into their birthday card will be words that will lift them, encourage them, and strengthen them, and even bring a laugh or a smile to their face. :)
Thank you President Monson for your example to me in this service.
When I read a talk given by him about the worth of souls, after I had been praying about what to do for the birthday gifts for the sisters this year, I KNEW that this was my answer.
 President Monson was a young, busy bishop and still took the time to write an individual letter to every service man from his ward EVERY month until the war was over.
He changed lives. Including mine!
I'm grateful for good examples in my life, and for loving prophets of God who serve and teach with so much love that we really do feel Heavenly Fathers love through them.
I pray that these sweet sisters will feel of Heavenly Father's deep love for each of them too. :)

No comments: