When I first met my sweetheart, I thought he was soooooo handsome.
And he was!!! :)
But here we are 26 years later and I can honestly say that he is more handsome to me than ever. Not only are his eyes the most beautiful blue, and his hands so gentle and loving, but those eyes have seen nothing but the good in me despite my weaknesses and my flaws...and those hands have served me daily with everything from buttering the garlic bread, to folding themselves gently into mine for yet another prayer together...
On Sunday over Labor Day weekend, Clint and I had the privilege of teaching the combined relief society and elders quorum council discussion TOGETHER. Studying and preparing together was so incredible. We drove to a park where we spent hours together sharing our thoughts and ideas in preparation for the discussion. I can honestly say that WE are one. We think alike, our testimonies have grown together as one, we see things eye to eye, we have the same goals and priorities...and we LOVE being together! This handsome and loving husband of mine becomes more and more handsome to me because I see who he really is. I see his spirit and his light, I see what a loving father he is, I see how much he loves everyone including his employees and the people he serves everyday...but most of all, I see how much he loves me. And when I stood by his side in the front of our ward family teaching and testifying of gospel truths, and I watched as the spirit took hold of his heart and tears of love and gratitude fill his eyes...THAT makes him handsome to me.
We drove to the cabin after church to spend the night and some quality time together.
What was MY favorite thing that we did??
Clint and I took a mattress off of one of the bunk beds and took it outside on the back deck. We snuggled together out under the stars and watched shooting stars and satellites and talked and talked for hours...It was heaven to me. And when you are out in the country away from all of the city lights, the stars in the sky are so bright and vast...I really felt Heavenly Father's love for me and that we have a special place in His plan.
We went to bed and woke early with excitement and anticipation for the day ahead...well, at least Clint and I were up early. ;) the kids all liked sleeping in a little on the holiday. ;)
Clint got the tractor going and worked outside and felt good doing it too. I joined him and together we worked, played, and made memories together. :) Oh - and he became even MORE handsome to me. (Is that even possible?? ;)
Yep. :)
We went to bed and woke early with excitement and anticipation for the day ahead...well, at least Clint and I were up early. ;) the kids all liked sleeping in a little on the holiday. ;)
Clint got the tractor going and worked outside and felt good doing it too. I joined him and together we worked, played, and made memories together. :) Oh - and he became even MORE handsome to me. (Is that even possible?? ;)
Yep. :)
Taking time away from work to ride with his kids = HANDSOME!
Letting Dallin drive on the main road with complete confidence = HANDSOME!
Putting an arm of love around a sweet 12 year old boy = HANDSOME!
And building confidence in all of their abilities = HANDSOME! :)
Being sensitive and tender and sweet with the little princess = HANDSOME!
Making EVERYONE feel like they are the favorite = SOOO HANDSOME!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment