Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, November 12, 2018

Dallin's Patriarchal Blessing

 On Sunday, November 11, 2018 Dallin received his Patriarchal blessing. This was a day that he had really been looking forward to and prepared for spiritually by fasting, studying scriptures and conference talks, and seeking the companionship of the Holy Ghost. He is such a good good boy and he was ready. :)
 In preparation for general conference Dallin thought of a question that he wanted to get an answer to, and then listened to conference seeking an answer to that question. When he heard the talk given by Steven R. Bangerter titled "Laying the Foundation For a Great Work" he felt prompted to receive a Patriarchal blessing. 
 So, he made an appointment with the bishop and had an interview, received a recommend,  and was blessed by Patriarch Giles who is a wonderful man that we actually know personally because he is a part of our ward family. It was a beautiful blessing and I felt privileged that Dallin wanted Clint and I to both be there. These are truly remarkable children and I fell so blessed to be able to experience this mortal journey with them by my side. :)
 This weekend we also attended tithing settlement and spent the night down at our property where we prepared some things for Thanksgiving that is coming up!
The turkeys were walking up our driveway and looking SO plump!
I think they have forgotten what time of year it is because they keep on coming around! ;)

No comments: