Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!

 Happy New Year 2019!!!
As we have said goodbye to 2018, so much has transpired and there is so much to reflect upon, and yet so much still to do!!! I have LOVED recording daily the happenings, promptings, lessons, and inspirations that I have received, and using this space for my journal, and a place to record my testimony...for when I have taken the time to record these things that are special and precious to my heart, I have been blessed and my cup of gratitude has overflowed...
Both life and death took me away from this computer space for the last few weeks as I tended to preparations for funerals of close friends and neighbors right before Christmas. I am grateful for the calling of relief society president that has placed me in positions with opportunities for unique and loving service, and for tender moments of deep and personal tutoring by the spirit.
Feelings have been tender, and Christmas and the spirit of Christ rang ever so clear to me as we celebrated the literal TRUE meaning of Christmas. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement for each one of us.
 Months ago, we as a family also decided to forgo any gifts we would give to each other for Christmas this year as we would spend more of our time focusing on PEOPLE and not THINGS...this has proven to be a greater blessing than I could ever describe or ever would have imagined...as life and events and as days passed by, we could see so clearly how it really is the PEOPLE in life that matter most. 

We surprised our children with the gift of TIME and set off on Christmas morning for a beach house in Oceanside, California where we enjoyed our very precious TIME with each other until returning home tonight, January 1st, 2019. And while we were away, I was happy to complete the reading of the Book of Mormon as challenged by our sweet prophet Russell M. Nelson in the Women's session of General Conference just this past October. 
He said, 
 "I invite you to read the Book of Mormon between now and the end of the year. As impossible as that may seem with all you are trying to manage in your life, if you will accept this invitation with full purpose of heart, the Lord will help you find a way to achieve it. And, as you prayerfully study, I promise that the heavens will open for you. The Lord will bless you with increased inspiration and revelation. As you read, I would encourage you to mark each verse that speaks of or refers to the Savior. Then, be intentional about talking of Christ, rejoicing in Christ, and preaching of Christ with your families and friends. You and they will be drawn closer to the Savior through this process. And changes, even miracles, will begin to happen."
I testify with all the love in my heart that Jesus Christ lives, that He and our Father in Heaven know us and love us, and desire to be with and bless us. I am amazed at the amount of love and gift giving that they continually pour out upon us, as I see and feel their hand in my life. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, I am so honored to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I feel greatly blessed to have the knowledge and blessings of the temple and eternal families, and I feel connected to and the power of the Book of Mormon in my life each day. I love our beloved prophet and the excitement of these last days...all that is transpiring and the amount of help we are receiving from beyond the veil...
I am blessed to have my best friend at my side as I conquer each day and face it with wisdom and faith beyond the abilities of my own...I know that I am so loved and a daughter of God sent here to succeed, and I am excited to experience each new day with the powers of heaven at work by my side.
It is an exciting time, and I am so glad to be here today to experience every minute of it! ~And like our beloved prophet has said...I am going to "get my rest, and take my vitamin pills" so that I can be ready for what is to come!
It's a Happy New Year...Bring on 2019!!! :)

No comments: