Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Snow Day

 Yesterday we received more snow than we have in years and it was such a fun day!
Do you know how fun it is for a mom to get a phone call at 6:00 in the morning telling her that school is cancelled??? FABULOUS!!! Not only did I get to snuggle up in my nice warm bed for an extra hour, but I got to have all of my kids with me for most of the day. I just love them and sometimes I feel like that never happens, so it was a really good day. :)

We tried taking everyone to get their passports because it was the perfect day for it...not a holiday, but also no school...BUT sadly, the people at the city hall building where we went never made i to work because of the storm. So, we just decided to go have fun anyways! We all met Clint for lunch at Rumbi, where Kesslyn handed out lots and lots of smiles and hugs, and even showed us all how big she is getting by learning how to wink!  ;)  ;)
 Then we went shopping for some new shoes and a few things that Dallin wanted to get. (That boy keeps growing!) We went to Costco, and then Dallin had young men's...The girls and I kept on shopping, and even ended our fun by getting a Crumble Cookie! :)
 Gavin ended up going back to work with Clint and earning a little money and then joined him on a date at the JAZZ game. I still think we should have more "snow days" because that was one of the most unexpected fun days together! Grateful for my kids and grateful for the snow!!! :)

No comments: