During the Covid-19 pandemic, we have gone 7 long months without attending church in person. Over this time I have learned a lot, like how grateful I am for a living prophet who has prepared us in such remarkable ways for these times. I am also grateful for the priesthood power that my boys hold that have given us the opportunity to administer the sacrament in our home. Their tenderness in prayers and passing have become so sweet...
And now we are entering a new phase of learning that I believe will be this way for quite some time, or maybe even for good? October 11th we held our first ever zoom relief society class! That's right! I taught the lesson (with an extreme amount of preparation and nerves to go right along ;) and had 40 something of our sisters virtually attend the class. The spirit was strong, I had a heart full of gratitude, and I am in awe and absolutely amazed at how the gospel moves forward even during unprecedented times like these.
I have always wondered how I could bring relief society class to all of our sisters, both those serving in other auxiliaries and those who can't attend church for one reason or another...
Little did I know that this miracle would be made possible through the circumstances of a world wide pandemic.
The hymn "I Stand All Amazed" rings in my mind as I think of the love Jesus and Heavenly Father have for us.
I'm so blessed to be given the opportunity to serve as the relief society president in the Riverton 15th ward at this specific time in history.
It has been 4 years now that I have been in this calling and I have learned so much. Changes are ahead for my presidency, but the future is bright and I look forward to the miracles that I will continue to see in front of me each and every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment