Heartstrings By Susette

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Painting Halloween Cookies...

Halloween is always fun at the Trickett's home because Grandma Trickett has instilled in her children and now her grandchildren the fun tradition of "Cookie Painting!"
...And since this is a prime example of when a picture is worth a thousand words...
I am going to let the pictures do all of the talking! (At least most of it anyways!;)
It all started when Grandma Trickett called to see if they could come join us for our family home evening and bring some cookies to decorate! Everyone cheered! Literally!!! :)
 
And so after lining the counters with foil and setting out all of the frosting, brushes, and sprinkles...
The task of painting and decorating began!
 
(Notice how intense and studious they each look...they are all concentrating so hard!!!)
 
 
 
 
 
Just look at some of the works of art!
The kids had so much fun painting and decorating and being creative! (And Kambriella especially loved licking her fingers A LOT!)
 I loved how each one was so unique, and how each child was so perfectly capable of painting them ON THEIR OWN! (Kambriella!...wink wink... Miss Independent!)
 See if you can spot her "4 Eyed Sprinkle Ghost!"
 
I know, I know...they just couldn't resist!!! :)
The longer we were painting, the more silly everyone started to be...
 
...And these 2 Goof Balls CRACK ME UP!!!
I'm not sure if these 2 are pulling their best Halloween faces or if the last Presidential debate that we were listening to in the background made them want to do their best Obama impersonations!!!
 
 
...Here we have the finished product!!!
A stack of crazy yummy "Trickett Tradition" Halloween sugar cookies...that sad to say...experienced a total life span of only 1 day...
The little Trickett Goblins sure gobbled them up FAST!!!
R.I.P. sweet cookies...and
~Happy Halloween!~
 


No comments: